Lifted Dually Suburban wheels/tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

496bb

Reaction score
First Name
CL
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R20
Engine Size
Interested in what you find out with this build. Mine is a 2wd 87 3/4 Burb, and I'm thinking about doing the dually just for a little better towing of a custom 10-12K crawler hauler type bumper pull trailer. Trying to figure out how best to do the rear end, and also should I swap front suspension components.

I didn't realize Arrowcraft or any of these companies still made the fenders or parts for this conversion.

Svein Knutsen

Reaction score
First Name
Svein
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer K5
Engine Size
Garth/Svein
I put 285/75-16s with factory size Alcoa's on my K30 many years ago, way way early 90's. I've put well over 200k miles on this combo before I parked it in 2011. The truck has a 2 1/2" lift and 1 1/2" spacers on the rear. The truck sits flat with no load, it had 3+ yds of gravel in the bed when I took these photos so its up in the front and down in the back (split the diff between front and back and that where it sits). The guy at the gravel yard said it was 10k-12k lbs of gravel in the bed, the 11 leaf spring packs were working that day! These pics should give an idea of the fit/look on the truck. On the rear (no load) there is about 1 1/2' between the tires at the top and about 1/2-3/4" at the bottom, at the bulge-> closest to each other. This is where you want to be to prevent tire rub going down the highway. The rears extent out past the fenders about 1/2"-3/4". This has never been a problem in the rain or mud, meaning it doesn't sling water or mud all over the place and don't stick out so far it looks (insert your preferred word for stupid).
Never had a problem with the wheel spacers. Some will advise against them but if you get good quality ones they should last forever with no problems.
I can get more photos if they would help.
I noted:
- you have a V2500 with a 14 bolt. Does it have the hydro boost brakes? If so, and if it has the load proportioning valve above the rear axle make sure to get a setting measurement on the valve before you make any changes. It will save you much headache getting it set so the rear brakes work properly.
-picking up a D70.... Is it a D70 or D70HD, they are not the same, I have both. My 86 came with a D70HD rear and D60 front. Not sure what years had which. You can google the differences, although it likely won't make a diff for what you're planning. I would recommend checking the flange to flange dimension on the rear against a dually axle dimensions.
This is my first post on a forum ever so I hope it comes across ok. I don't check this often but I believe I set it up to notify me when I get a reply.
Good luck!!

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Is Alco wheel same as regular orginal steel dim?

ButchM

Reaction score
First Name
Butch
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Is Alco wheel same as regular orginal steel dim?
The Alcos are/were the same dimensions as the factory steel wheels. I still have a spare wheel in its original box if the numbers would be of any help.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Heres some motivation, Me like