Harbor Freight Tool/Product Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I bought these 2 hex socket sets and they are awesome.

http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-38-and-12-drive-metric-hex-bit-socket-set-67880-html.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-38-and-12-drive-metric-hex-bit-socket-set-67880-html.html

I also got this impact socket adapter set also. It good to have also. The only downfall about is there's no 3/4 drive to 1/2 drive adapter in the set.

HF Links don't work. They all redirect you to their promo page. Probably have to do it i the same format I did, then you can post the image source for a pic if you don't want to take one yourself.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
HF Links don't work. They all redirect you to their promo page. Probably have to do it i the same format I did, then you can post the image source for a pic if you don't want to take one yourself.

Fixed it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's a tool I bought a few years ago and I"m pretty sure it was like $3.99 on one those Super Coupons. Never Used it until working on this Temp Gauge issue and trying to figure out a way to get the Anti Freeze out of the motor without spilling it all over so I could take the Sender out of the head. Then I remembered having this pump still in it's unopened retail package. Stuck the suction hose all the way to the bottom of the radiator thru the radiator cap. It worked like a charm in about 3-4 minutes of hand pumping. I've gotten my money's worth out of it in the first use for the cost of Antifreeze I didn't spill and let run down the driveway.

Multi-Use Transfer Pump Pittsburgh Automotive - item#66418 Current Sale Price $7.99 from $12.99.
attachment.php

I just went to HF website to see the reviews on the pump. Seems all the reviewers who used it for Oil, Trans Fluid and Antifreeze were happy with it as I was. All the people who used it for gasoline, said it it's a 1 time use pump if you put it in gasoline. So don't use it for transfer of gasoline it will dry it out and the next time you go to use it, won't work. I have a feeling if immediately after using it for gas, you pumped some old motor oil thru it before you put it away, I'd imagine it might just work again next time you need it, but best to avoid it for gasoline unless you plan on a 1 time use.

Attachments

• TransferPump.jpg
    TransferPump.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 211

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I bought these wrenches as a cheap set to throw in the toolbox of my truck so I wouldn't feel bad if I lost 1 or 2. I've used the hell out of them for a couple years and don't have one complaint.

EDIT: forgot to mention they come with a handy roll-up pouch

Harbor Freight 14 Piece SAE Combination Wrench Set, Pittsburgh - Item #68805, Current sale price: $19.99, Regular price: $24.99

You must be registered for see images attach

juicedimpss

Reaction score
First Name
Hank
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
believe it or not, going on 5 years with one of these welders. works great on steel and stainless tubing. downfall,no AC for aluminum welding.
http://www.harborfreight.com/weldin...lding-machine-with-digital-readout-98233.html

240 Volt Inverter Arc/TIG Welder with Digital Readout

Input: 240 volts, MMA: 37 amps, TIG: 11 amps, single phase, 60 Hz
Rated output current: 10 to 165 amps
Rated output voltage: MMA: 28 volts @ 165 amps, TIG: 11 volts @ 165 amps
Max open circuit voltage: 69 volts
Duty cycle: 30% at 165 amps, 100% at 140 amps
Electrode capacity: MMA: 3/32" to 3/16", TIG: 1/16" to 1/8"
Weldable materials: Mild steel, low alloy steel, and stainless steel (not suitable for aluminum)
Material thickness: MMA: 18 gauge (3/8" thick), TIG: 22 gauge (3/16" thick)
Includes: 1/8" collet body, 1/16", 5/64", 3/32", 1/8" collets, size 4, 5, 6, 7 gas nozzles, long and short back caps
Shipping Weight: 46.05 lbs.

notverrysmart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
EJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
I got this guy: Central Pneumatic - item#68127 Horsepower, 29 Gallon, 150 PSI PSI Cast Iron Vertical Air Compressor about a year ago. The only problem I have had with it was running ginders and air dremmels wide open sucks the tank empty pretty quick. Other than that this thing has been a beast of an air compressor

Volts 120V, (60 Hz)
Amps: 15
Pump speed: 1100 RPM
Tank capacity: 29 gallons
Max working pressure: 150 PSI
Air delivery: 5.9 SCFM @ 90 PSI, 7.3 SCFM @ 40 PSI
Air outlet: 1/4" quick coupler
Sound level: 82 dBA
Cord length 6 ft.
Overall dimensions: 42-1/2" H x 39-1/2" W x 41-1/2" L
Shipping Weight: 219.00 lbs.

attachment.php

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I got this guy: Central Pneumatic - item#68127 Horsepower, 29 Gallon, 150 PSI PSI Cast Iron Vertical Air Compressor about a year ago. The only problem I have had with it was running ginders and air dremmels wide open sucks the tank empty pretty quick. Other than that this thing has been a beast of an air compressor

I wouldn't call that a problem at all. You're actually on the wrong compressor to run those kind of tools. 2HP? Nawww, that's not enough to run a consant use air tool. The ratiing of 5.9 SCFM @ 90psi, of that unit. I'd say if you checked the tool requirement, it would probably call for 9.0 SCFM @ 90psi. So if you're working it's ass off using those tools and it's holding up to the constant running whether it's putting out enough or not, I'd say you're doing real good with it.

I'll tell you what I like about it, and that is the fact it's NOT Oilless. I for sure like a compressor with a crankcase and siteglass to check the oil. They last longer, are rebuildable, usually more quieter units, and work at less rpms. Those oilless POSs may as well be a Bic Lighter, and they rarely last long. However, I do have an Ingersoll Rand Oilless that has last real well compared to my bro who had a Campbell Hausfield of same specs and he hardly used it and it didn't last a year and broke the motor shaft in it. I ended up putting him another compressor on the tank and made him a hack job compressor with the parts that seems to hold up well.

Attachments

• HF68127.jpg
    HF68127.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 504

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Just finished installing about 500 3/16" pop rivets with their 66422 rivet gun. Worked pretty well, had a few mandrels get stuck in the ejection tube which requres disassembly of the nose piece to remove but it's a simple no-tools-required procedure. Started the job with an Arrow rht300 gun...what a piece of crap that was. It jammed on almost every rivet and was a pita to get going again. Besides being more reliable, the HF gun needs about 80% less effort to use. Well worth the money.

The pos arrow gun:http://www.arrowfastener.com/product/rht300-twister-rivet-tool

and the HF model:http://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-...and-riveter-with-collection-bottle-66422.html

Rivet sizes (10 of each): 3/32", 1/8", 5/32", 3/16" and 1/4"
Overall dimensions: 17-1/2" L x 6" W x 2" H
Shipping Weight: 3.47 lbs.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just finished installing about 500 3/16" pop rivets with their 66422 rivet gun. Worked pretty well, had a few mandrels get stuck in the ejection tube which requres disassembly of the nose piece to remove but it's a simple no-tools-required procedure. Started the job with an Arrow rht300 gun...what a piece of crap that was. It jammed on almost every rivet and was a pita to get going again. Besides being more reliable, the HF gun needs about 80% less effort to use. Well worth the money.

The pos arrow gun:http://www.arrowfastener.com/product/rht300-twister-rivet-tool

and the HF model:http://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-...and-riveter-with-collection-bottle-66422.html

That's acually quite shocking. Usually Arrow is the one who sets the standards for Staple and Rivets gun tools. You'd think theirs would have far out performed the HF tool.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Wow that's cool as ****, i like the ejection bottle. How long til that fills up? :popcorn:

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I like the ejection bottle. How long til that fills up?

I was emptying it about every 30-40 rivets but it holds way more than that. I was using the gun in a nose down position and didn't want to be dumping mandrels back into the ejection tube. I think part of the reason some didn't eject was I was using silicone on each rivet and some of it ended up on the stems so they wouldn't slide out.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I was emptying it about every 30-40 rivets but it holds way more than that. I was using the gun in a nose down position and didn't want to be dumping mandrels back into the ejection tube. I think part of the reason some didn't eject was I was using silicone on each rivet and some of it ended up on the stems so they wouldn't slide out.

Not bad, not bad at all, thanks for shareing. :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Anyone intersted in this Rivet Gun that Sky talked about, I was just emailed a coupon for it at HF. Check the expiration date before you use it. You can also use it for online or instore purchase.

Only $17.99 with coupon 38123222
Add item to cart to redeem coupon

You must be registered for see images

BigRuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reece
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe C10
Engine Size
305 5.0L
Ive had good luck with their ratcheting box wrenches... Cant remember the price but ive gotten my moneys worth from them time and time again

Who's at the door

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly