Fillmore goes under the knife

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
Back from the dead!

Hey all, I'm back from the land of the lost. Between work, the silly season and life in general, I've been gone for awhile. I've lurked around from time to time, but I haven't had anything useful to say. Anywhoo, I realized the other day that I never followed up on the progress I made with this thing.

I got it back together in mid-August and it ran soo good for about 2 weeks and then it fell flat on it's face again doing everything it was doing before, surging idle, low on power, buckin' and snortin' around town. I tore into it some more and changed out my fuel pressure regulator, messed with the timing, cleaned the EGR again and tinkered here and there and it's running like a new truck once again. I rock! :roflbow:

I fixed my oil cooler line that was leaking and took care of a few other odds and ends too. My wife is letting me buy 5, brand new 35" BFG All Terrains in a few weeks when we do our taxes so that's when I tackle the lift. I'm also going through the junkyard 10 bolt I bought earlier this year and I'm gonna throw some new shafts and an Auburn limited slip in there along with a full rebuild. I'm gonna tackle rebuilding it myself because I have the time and I refuse to send it out to be done. I'm tired of getting bent over by shops.

I'll take some pics of the now running truck and throw them up here tomorrow and I'm gonna be more active in the future, I have a lot to do to this thing and y'all are going to be witness to it.

Last edited:

buRRp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Welcome back. Can't wait to see more progress.:High 5:

Latest posts