350 intake parts questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
If you wanted to know where all the spaghetti goes, here's the routing on my truck. Unfortunately, the State of Komiefornia makes me have all this **** hooked up!
You must be registered for see images attach
Holy crap. Good thing im in pa

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
Hey guys, Q-jets are AWESOME if you know how to build and tune them! I, in my younger days, used to rebuild and tune them for "haters" who were blown away by how good they were when properly done.

Heck, I used to race with guys who ran Q-jets (myself included) and blew away guys in their class running Holley's.

National Carburetors used to have an employee named Eddie Obie. If you gave him ALL the information on your engine build/vehicle/use he'd build the best carb you could ever dream of!

Just sayin'...

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well no matter what they were for theyve been eliminated...and free to anyone who needs them... ill post them in for sale soon.

DrPrepper

Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
400ci
I looked for that intake...and ended up buying 2 for less than 1 on ebay....they were less than the cost of the Edelbrock 2701 ....sold one for the cost including shipping....Aluminum dual plane intakes on the street are very similar in performance....a little time spent port matching will be what gets you that 1 or 2 more horses

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I looked for that intake...and ended up buying 2 for less than 1 on ebay....they were less than the cost of the Edelbrock 2701 ....sold one for the cost including shipping....Aluminum dual plane intakes on the street are very similar in performance....a little time spent port matching will be what gets you that 1 or 2 more horses
See im not to versed in this kinda thing... idk the dual plane and all that...

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
Dual plane intakes generally have better "street ability" where single planes are, generally considered better for racing. Single plane intakes aren't as forgiving at idle. Not that you can't make a single plane work for the street it's just their better suited for higher horsepower applications.

Last BBC I built was for off road and bottom end torque was more of a concern than HP so a dual plane fit the bill better for that particular use, IMO.

The reason I always preferred Q-jets, especially for off road, is the center fuel bowl so it doesn't starve out the fuel at extreme angles.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion and I'm not an expert by any means.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Dual plane intakes generally have better "street ability" where single planes are, generally considered better for racing. Single plane intakes aren't as forgiving at idle. Not that you can't make a single plane work for the street it's just their better suited for higher horsepower applications.

Last BBC I built was for off road and bottom end torque was more of a concern than HP so a dual plane fit the bill better for that particular use, IMO.

The reason I always preferred Q-jets, especially for off road, is the center fuel bowl so it doesn't starve out the fuel at extreme angles.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion and I'm not an expert by any means.
Is the factory q jet intake i posted on here a dual plane???

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yes
See how it's deeper on the right 2 holes, compared to the left 2.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Yes
See how it's deeper on the right 2 holes, compared to the left 2.

Oh ok... i had not idea because i dont know :poop: about intakes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD