350 intake parts questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I have what i assume to be a factory (not to my truck but to the motor) intake with some crap not hooked up... can anyone tell me what they were for? Obviously i dont need them but i just want to know what theyre for. Also does anyone know if the pictured intake is worth anything other then aluminum scrap weight?

You must be registered for see images attach

henrym

Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Truck Year
81/84
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
1ST is a ported vacuum switch, part of emissions system, often deleted. 2nd pic I believe is a vacuum port for distributor, as some quadrajets apparently did not have vacuum ports, but I have never seen one of those in person. someone will chime in to offer another possible function.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Second one should be a choke stove to heat the bimetallic spring on a Q-jet choke.

I wouldn't scrap a factory aluminum intake. If you choose to, I'll pay you scrap value and shipping.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Second one should be a choke stove to heat the bimetallic spring on a Q-jet choke.

I wouldn't scrap a factory aluminum intake. If you choose to, I'll pay you scrap value and shipping.
Ive had it for like almost 6 years now lol but i was just curious if its worth anything. Sadly the only thing i remember is i bought it for the egr port because they wouldnt "inspect" my 90 (gmt400) if it didnt have all the emissions it was suppose to have. Bear in mind my 90 was originally a 4.3L that someone frankensteined a 76' 350 into...wich i swapped into my current 78 and blew that motor shortly after.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

I had one on my old stock intake too. I thought it was a multi vacume port. But if it is why is 78c's on the coolant neck and mine right next to it? As you can see I put hoses on mine because there was a lot of open ports on the carb. Anyway it did nothing. It doesn't make since to me that it would have coolant flowing around it if it is supposed to be a vacuum port. No coolant was coming out of it either.

I'm in the process of puttng new intake and Quadrajet on it now. So I'm obviously not gonna put it back on. Lol, I was just wondering wtf the pos was supposed to do?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

I had one on my old stock intake too. I thought it was a multi vacume port. But if it is why is 78c's on the coolant neck and mine right next to it? As you can see I put hoses on mine because there was a lot of open ports on the carb. Anyway it did nothing. It doesn't make since to me that it would have coolant flowing around it if it is supposed to be a vacuum port. No coolant was coming out of it either.

I'm in the process of puttng new intake and Quadrajet on it now. So I'm obviously not gonna put it back on. Lol, I was just wondering wtf the pos was supposed to do?
Well as you see it in my pics is how i got it... im going to remove the one to the left of the goose neck and pipe plug it. Im also swapping the goose neck with the one from the intake in the last pic because i dont want all that extra bs for no reason. The ports under the carb near the egr block off im gunna find someone to make me a block off plate to cover it.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

Blast you Blue Ox! You beat me to dibs!

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
t doesn't make since to me that it would have coolant flowing around it if it is supposed to be a vacuum port. No coolant was coming out of it either.

It's a temperature controlled valve. It gets a main vacuum feed from a splitter at the back of the carb. When the water temp get to a certain point the valve opens allowing vacuum to the other ports.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
It's a temperature controlled valve. It gets a main vacuum feed from a splitter at the back of the carb. When the water temp get to a certain point the valve opens allowing vacuum to the other ports.
What all wouldve been hooked to it??

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
What all wouldve been hooked to it??

AIR Pump, vacuum advance, goodness knows what else.

The sticker in front of the radiator should show you.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Nevermind, casting comes up as 80-88 305/350 aluminum quadrajunk.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Yeah, who would want that. Especially with a Q-Jet.

Sooooo,.....

You sellin' it? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey