Your Vehicle History??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I do beleive that is correct. And you state DMV will only have the registration history in the that paticular state, but they should be able to tell you which state it came from, then you could chase that state backwards till you got to the original, Title of Origin which would be from GM.

Ugh....I was really hoping there'd be a web site I could check out. I brought from my brother's neighbor in Indiana so maybe the next time I'm there I could just go to their local DMV and see what they'd have for me. It's possible that it never left the state because I believe it was assembled in Fort Wayne, IN.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ugh....I was really hoping there'd be a web site I could check out. I brought from my brother's neighbor in Indiana so maybe the next time I'm there I could just go to their local DMV and see what they'd have for me. It's possible that it never left the state because I believe it was assembled in Fort Wayne, IN.
Yep, good chance of it, it the orignal owner just sold it locally.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
IN OK, its farily easy to tell how many owners there were on a vehicle. All the titles are like a 15 digit #, then followed by a letter, always A for the first owner, B for the 2nd etc. I do beleive they skip letter I and letter O for obvious reasons that it can be mistaken for a 1 or a 0. So if you have a title with letter M, its have alot of transfers.

76GMC

Reaction score
First Name
Geek
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Mines easy. I'm the third owner.

A dealership had it. While out on a demo drive it got smucked. The dealership bondoed it and it became their plow truck for a number of years. Then the service manager took the truck home and used it as his personal plow truck for a number of years. Then he retired the truck when he retired around a decade or longer ago.

Then I obtained a plow and needed a truck. the plow came off a SB, so I got my neighbor (the retired GM service manager) inebriated one afternoon and went to his field to see what he had. And presto! I'm the third owner for a case of beer!

My truck's history is easy! :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Mines easy. I'm the third owner.

A dealership had it. While out on a demo drive it got smucked. The dealership bondoed it and it became their plow truck for a number of years. Then the service manager took the truck home and used it as his personal plow truck for a number of years. Then he retired the truck when he retired around a decade or longer ago.

Then I obtained a plow and needed a truck. the plow came off a SB, so I got my neighbor (the retired GM service manager) inebriated one afternoon and went to his field to see what he had. And presto! I'm the third owner for a case of beer!

My truck's history is easy! :)

Those are the best kind of purchases !!! Makes it all worth while in the end. That's gonna be a good one to see from start as it sits now to where it gets to eventually.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Crap, Decoded the vin and my 88 originally came with a 305 according to that decoder?

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
What is the 8th digit of the VIN?

K= 5.7; H= 5.0

Last edited:

Chevyk20

Reaction score
First Name
Jarett
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
Hmm mine wasnt any help. Told me its a custom deluxe 2wd C20.. Well its a K20, but thats about all it says.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Hmm mine wasnt any help. Told me its a custom deluxe 2wd C20.. Well its a K20, but thats about all it says.

I wonder if when it was restored before if a cab swap was done and therefore a different VIN?? :hmm:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76