WTB 454 Rev. Rot. Fan for 454 Serpentine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
The Gen VI BBC stuff isn’t too bad. It’s a bit bulky, but doesn’t really stick all that far out. It was a factory 9 blade metal fan with thermal clutch. I removed and sold that and have dual GM electric fans now.
You must be registered for see images attach

mrdap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C/K_Lover
Truck Year
81-91
Truck Model
C20/K30/V15/V2500
Engine Size
350/454
His prices are pretty good and he'll hold parts with a deposit. I know a lot of people that buy parts from him and he's always been straight forward. Although he can be a bit misleading on being ready to pick up. I bought a serpentine drive and he told me it was off and ready to grab. I got there and it was still on the engine, in the truck and I was in dress clothes and 110 degrees in summer with no tools. I had to go down the street and rent tools. Same thing happened when I bought a bed, "ready to load onto trailer" and it was still bolted on a truck with 2-3 other trucks in the path and the hoist was in use.
Thanks for the tip.
Well I guess I'll see if I can find this engine on craigslist.
Lol!!
No offense but I can totally see you standing there in your dress clothes, 110° in the shade. And then you had to rent some tools!!!!

Actually that reminds me I'm also hot to buy at 8 ft fleetside bed for my '82 C20.

Well anyway I'm hoping the 454 guy will call you back too.

mrdap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C/K_Lover
Truck Year
81-91
Truck Model
C20/K30/V15/V2500
Engine Size
350/454
The Gen VI BBC stuff isn’t too bad. It’s a bit bulky, but doesn’t really stick all that far out. It was a factory 9 blade metal fan with thermal clutch. I removed and sold that and have dual GM electric fans now.
Hey thanks for those pics!
I realize now I wanted the Gen six setup. I got started with the older late '80s version with the stamped steel brackets. In fact I wish I could find a complete Gen 6 engine for a transplant.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Hey thanks for those pics!
I realize now I wanted the Gen six setup. I got started with the older late '80s version with the stamped steel brackets. In fact I wish I could find a complete Gen 6 engine for a transplant.
I got this one by just buying an entire running 97 K2500 suburban. I've actually used a lot of things I never even imagined I would need in the swap and got my money back two-fold on the vehicle purchase from selling parts I didn't need. It was only $500 for the whole thing and I drove it home.

mrdap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C/K_Lover
Truck Year
81-91
Truck Model
C20/K30/V15/V2500
Engine Size
350/454
I got this one by just buying an entire running 97 K2500 suburban. I've actually used a lot of things I never even imagined I would need in the swap and got my money back two-fold on the vehicle purchase from selling parts I didn't need. It was only $500 for the whole thing and I drove it home.
Wow hey that was a great deal.
Really good idea too.
But I never seem to find these $200 $500 deals.
Everybody wants $5,000 for junk now

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Wow hey that was a great deal.
Really good idea too.
But I never seem to find these $200 $500 deals.
Everybody wants $5,000 for junk now
I knew what I wanted and just waited for the right thing to pop up. I wasn't in a hurry and I probably looked for 1-1/2 years before this popped up in my feed. I went and looked at it and it had issues, interior was completely destroyed and smelled like an ash tray. Suspension was shot and brakes were gone. Probably wasn't the safest thing to even drive it home TBH... but now its ever so close to being done.

mrdap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C/K_Lover
Truck Year
81-91
Truck Model
C20/K30/V15/V2500
Engine Size
350/454
Well done!