Wipers upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Guys This 84 has a small switch on the dash left of the column that you switch on and off for wipers. 2 speed. No delay. Well lately its been giving me hell. So I figured it was the motor. New one is 99 bucks so I got a good looking one from a suburban at the junkyard today. Well It doesn't work either but then I got out a test light and I don't have a hot at the harness with the truck running and switch on either setting.

I checked all fuses but none are labeled so I don't even know if they are protected by a fuse. The Wires see to go to the back of the fuse box through the firewall but id have to unbolt the wiringharness block to see where exactly.

So then I started thinking about the switch on the dash. Oreillys doesn't show one. Well thenI remembered that I installed the column off my last truck and it has a working blinker stick on the column that also controlled the wipers on the last truck. Unfort I sold that truck before I could think to strip it of other parts I might need.

So what my question is, is can I somehow make the newer style blinker/wiper switch on the column work the wipers? To my memory the wiper motor under the hood now is identical to the one the last truck had. Is there something I can unplug off the existing dash switch and plug into the column harness?

Im about to hit the wiring diagrams but thought Id ask:cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76