wiper motors ? good-better- best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emoze

Reaction score
First Name
lary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
my '84 c-20 has a NAPA remanuf wiper motor from 2001; it is anemic at best.... won't drag a wiper across dry glass at all & blows fuse if ya try .... it replaced oem motor that just quit completely

any advice on a better current market choice?

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
We see quite a few older GM vehicles at the shop. We use to use NAPA brand, but quit do to to many problems. Briefly used Masterpro, but again to many defective units. Now your not going to believe this but we have been using the WAI brand from autozone and swear it's like putting in a new Ac Delco unit, they have been just awesome and haven't had a single bad one yet.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^ I’ve found Napa parts to generally be of schitty quality as well in recent years.
And some parts from the “cheap” stores like Vato Zone better in some circumstances.

In general I think it’s a crap shoot. Maybe it’s just me, but I used to buy ALOT more auto parts 25-30 years ago. Both personally and as a fleet mechanic in high school and college. And I swear the % of cheap or defective parts is greater now than back then.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have to have to approach the wiper issue myself. Got awhile so still looking. Would go new Delco or even something steep like THIS.

I just dont want to have to keep messing with it.

emoze

Reaction score
First Name
lary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
:( $240 for that 2-speed motor at New Port - my old motor is already multi-speed with delay feature , so i don't see why theirs is an improvement in that vein

I have to have to approach the wiper issue myself. Got awhile so still looking. Would go new Delco or even something steep like THIS.

I just dont want to have to keep messing with it.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
^ I’ve found Napa parts to generally be of schitty quality as well in recent years.
And some parts from the “cheap” stores like Vato Zone better in some circumstances.

In general I think it’s a crap shoot. Maybe it’s just me, but I used to buy ALOT more auto parts 25-30 years ago. Both personally and as a fleet mechanic in high school and college. And I swear the % of cheap or defective parts is greater now than back then.

I completely agree. One of the things that gets me is 20 years ago, or maybe even a little longer now, Napa parts were the best as far as retail parts at least. But with Napa it can be hard to tell who they are using to manufacture their parts, since so much of their stuff is Napa branded. Still seems like Napa is charging premium prices to. The Napa local to the shop has closed as well, they seem to be not doing well. I never used Autozone until 2 years ago assuming they would just be another crappy parts store. Now we use them pretty regularly. At least the one closest to the shop has a wholesale manager that is a very knowledgeable straight shooter, which certainly helps. I was pretty hesitant to put in the first WIA wiper motor, but was totally surprised when I opened the box, way better looking and working than Cardone and Napa units of late.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceyman72