Window Regulator Install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastnloud

Reaction score
First Name
fastnloud
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra
Engine Size
Built 350
My driver side window in my 82 GMC Sierra is stuck all the way up. I bought a window regulator, so hopefully that will fix it.

My truck has manual windows. Is it very difficult to install the window regulator? Any pics or info on installing this would be great.

Thanks guys.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If you're not used to working inside of doors, you probably will think it's a pain. But it's not too bad. Remove the interior door panel and unbolt the regulator from the door. Then slide the regulator's arms out of the tracks and wiggle the regulator out of the door.

It's always a little more difficult if the window is stuck all the way up, but it is doable.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Whats the difference in (difficulty wise) changing out regulators with pw motors? I'm thinkin' Ima gonna be doing that soon.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't remember it being any different, other than getting the motor unplugged.

fastnloud

Reaction score
First Name
fastnloud
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra
Engine Size
Built 350
If you're not used to working inside of doors, you probably will think it's a pain. But it's not too bad. Remove the interior door panel and unbolt the regulator from the door. Then slide the regulator's arms out of the tracks and wiggle the regulator out of the door.

It's always a little more difficult if the window is stuck all the way up, but it is doable.

Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade