Wind noise is running me stir crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
That’s a good idea with second seal on the door. Did they put them on 1982 and up

I've had two 85's, two 87's and an 88. None of them had it. A friend's construction company ran a fleet of C/K trucks back in the day and I only recall ever seeing them on the 79 & 80 trucks.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
LMC shows 79-81 had the upper door weather strip. #3 is similar to factory and is what I bought for my truck. I'll install them after I paint it. #2 is the stick on style.

You must be registered for see images attach

I was too cheap to buy those from LMC with the screw on ends like mine had. I bought generic glue on ones off eBay for like $15 I think it was for both sides. I actually glued on in 90 degrees wrong and on two sides instead of just one side like the original. Oh well:33:

But after all new weather stripping in the doors and cap opening it cut all my wind noise out. So quiet...no window rattle. So strange now

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
new door opening rubber seal and most important new window chanel seal now everything feel tigh and silent! :)

Evidently he did, "now everything feel(s) thigh(t) and silent."

I'm watching this thread intently since I experienced the same thing yesterday and today. First time I've had it up to highway speeds and about went crazy too!

I bought my '88 K5 over a year ago, plan being for me and my son to restore it, then he got deployed to the middle east so I've been accumulating parts for the last year. I'm sure all new seals will do wonders but now the winter weather is the holdup.

Have all new seals and am putting in new windshield later (after paint) but want to garnish as much information ahead of time as possible.

Thanks for posting this question.

christopher jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
When I have time to install them I will post my results. I bought the new door rubbers seals, new vent window seals, sound deadner . I hope this works for the doors too

christopher jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I put the door rubbers seals on today, still wind noise I guess I will try the vent window seals now

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
Evidently he did, "now everything feel(s) thigh(t) and silent."

I'm watching this thread intently since I experienced the same thing yesterday and today. First time I've had it up to highway speeds and about went crazy too!

I bought my '88 K5 over a year ago, plan being for me and my son to restore it, then he got deployed to the middle east so I've been accumulating parts for the last year. I'm sure all new seals will do wonders but now the winter weather is the holdup.

Have all new seals and am putting in new windshield later (after paint) but want to garnish as much information ahead of time as possible.

Thanks for posting this question.
sorry for my missprint and bad english....i"m french but i'm learning! ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes