Why is it so hard to find a rear shock mounting bolt 1980 Chevy K20 - Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

efuehrin

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have searched and searched. Maybe I'm just an idiot but I can't seem to find the correct part. I'd rather not weld it to the frame or have a custom bracket built. This bolt just goes right through the C channel of the frame, no extra mounting brackets. Can someone help me find this part? I had one missing. Thank you,
You must be registered for see images attach

efuehrin

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Sometimes you gotta outsmart the algorithm. "GM truck shock bolt" somehow does it whereas "Chevrolet shock bolt" doesn't.
Yea I was getting all sizes for all kinds of applications. And the usual sites like summitracing and jegs were not much help. Either way, all is good. And now a link has been posted here in case anyone needs it. As long as they know how to search. :)

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Yea I was getting all sizes for all kinds of applications. And the usual sites like summitracing and jegs were not much help. Either way, all is good. And now a link has been posted here in case anyone needs it. As long as they know how to search. :)

Two links really, I also posted a link. But ever since they updated this site the the link text comes up gray instead of a contrasting color. I saw you were new to the forum and I marked the link "click here". I guess I should have added the link to the text block like @77 K20 did.

IdahoJOAT

Reaction score
First Name
Rodger
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Two links really, I also posted a link. But ever since they updated this site the the link text comes up gray instead of a contrasting color. I saw you were new to the forum and I marked the link "click here". I guess I should have added the link to the text block like @77 K20 did.
I'm new as well and had my preferences set to the dark setting. Links were extremely hard to see, let alone read. I just now put it back on light.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
FYI, I found out that they come with the shocks if you are buying new shocks.

Sometimes. Depending on the brand often that shock part number also works on other vehicles. Lets say maybe a Dodge truck. They don't use the same mounting hardware so the shock can ship without any hardware at all.

With all the rust and de-icer around here I have been buying stainless bolts (but of course not for the top rear shock). That way I don't have to worry about the bolt rusting and seizing to the sleeve in the bushing. That is no fun to remove when that happens.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
FYI, I found out that they come with the shocks if you are buying new shocks.
just found this out.....after I replaced mine....wondered why the boxes had a little weight in the bottom when I went to trash. Live and learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35