Whutizit ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malibuman402

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
BB 402+.060 = 413.8CI
top one is your oil pressure sending unit, the lower one is an oil pressure sensor that will shut your ignition off if your oil pressure drops below a certain pressure. if you don't hook it up, or put a jumper in the plug, your stock ignition will not have power.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Lol. I get it bc my name is Billy. I'm a K5 owner, and probably will be for life.
I think there's a 12 step program for that. They say they usually don't get help til they hit rock bottom. I haven't hit it yet soooo... I have a few squares.

Ronno6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
top one is your oil pressure sending unit, the lower one is an oil pressure sensor that will shut your ignition off if your oil pressure drops below a certain pressure. if you don't hook it up, or put a jumper in the plug, your stock ignition will not have power.

I gotta think about that one for a sec....If you do not connect the plug, no power to the ignition switch? That means the switch is closed when no oil pressure is present? Then the switch opens when the pressure comes up? If so, wouldn't that shut the ignition down? Or, is this a 2 circuit switch, with each needing ground tru the case to operate????

Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I think there's a 12 step program for that. They say they usually don't get help til they hit rock bottom. I haven't hit it yet soooo... I have a few squares.
Lol! I am well acquainted with a couple of 12-step programs. Thank you Lord!

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
My 86 has both, they are just off a "T" next to the distributor as factory. Doesn't really matter where you put them both. I went through the whole crap of trying to figure out why choke on aftermarket carb never worked after I got rid of the crappy manual cable job someone did when I found out the PS for the choke had failed.

TxSam

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Going through this right now myself. As others have said, the top one is the oil pressure sensor (inputs to the oil pressure gauge). The second one is an oil pressure switch. It also powers the choke heater. It acts as an idiot light in the form of the choke light. If your Choke light is on, it indicates an issue with the oil pressure switch circuit (no oil pressure) and/or the choke heater circuit. If you do not hook up the second one, your choke light will be on and your choke heater will not be functional.

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Fun fact - if your oil switch plug isn't changed for long enough.... It will burst and 2 quarts of oil will spray out of your engine. And if you just had an oil change, you may think it's trans fluid. And then you'll cry and panic but then realize you only have to screw a $10 sensor on. :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54