Where to find tailgate access panel for blazer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggun

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
1990 full size blazer. The access panel for the tailgate is rusted out and I can’t find one new anywhere. There’s one on eBay used for 150 ish but surely someone manufactures it and maybe I’m just searching with the wrong terminology anyway Any help would be great. Side note also need a front seat bracket. The part from the floor to the seat if anyone knows who makes them or where to find them. Thanks y’all.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
That item may not be reproduced

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Never saw a reproduction of this. Ebay, scrapyard or maybe someone in the forum has one for sale.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Check your local facebook marketplace and craigslist for people breaking them and selling for parts. The tailgate cover should be easy. It was the same from 73 to 91. The Seat bracket will depend more on what type of seats you have. I've seen a couple different ones in the 90's K5's. If yours has the seats that don't tip forward it's going to be harder but its pretty much the same thing. Check your local area. There are no reproductions. If you can not find it local you are probably going to get killed in shipping since its a big flat piece. I imagine it would probably cost 50 to 75 bucks just to ship because that's how they get you on oversized stuff. Also doesn't help that they are a little thick and chonky for their size too.

Biggun

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Yeah that’s what I was thinking just hoping I wasn’t right. Thanks for the info y’all.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I think I have a extra one. I'd have to look around. If I do I'll post a pic.

Clint L

Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban c20
Engine Size
I've got some spare seat tracks from late 70s k5. Check floor mount location. These have 4 bolts per track. Driver side.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
here is the tailgate panel

You must be registered for see images attach

Biggun

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Sorry been too busy to get on here lately. I just graduated and went on big vacation My seat mounts are different. Almost like a square box type thing. I appreciate you finding that stuff. I took that tailgate panel and welded enough metal to it to put some hair in. It smoothed out decent. I’m probably gonna paint it black but I’ve not decided yet. Part of me wants to do the tailgate in Bedliner. My interior carpet panels were shot so I came up with the brilliant idea of getting that thin aluminum diamond plate that you put on trailers to use instead. I’m gonna sound proof the inside of the bedsides to keep the noise down a little. I was gonna bedline the whole tub but for 50 bucks more I can get vinyl so I went ahead and ordered that. I bought those floor pans off ebay. They will work in a pinch but they’re head rolled abs don’t match the hight of the original so I had to use the whole thing. If anyone is gonna use them for more than small patches they should stick to lmc. I’ve almost got the interior wrapped up. The scary part is coming when I go down the ls swap road. It’s pretty intimidating to stare at lol. Thanks again buddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes