Where is a good place to snake out the exhaust from after pipes meet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
1980 truck, unknown year SBC engine, long bed, 4wd.

I currently have a glasspqak and about 4.5 feet of straight 2.25 that points straigt at the ground in my truck. The clamp where the glasspak is at rusted. So I have to cut some metal off both pipes (still a straight shot) to get good metal again.

However, I bought an exhaust pipe thats a straight 2.25 for 10 bucks for about 4.5 fet (eyeball) and makes a 90 degree turn in about 3 inches, so quite a turn. if butted up to the pipe left on the truck, it comes out pointed just between the tire and gas tank(the gas tank I do use), the other is dry and will be replaced much later in life.

I have a lot of sections of 2.25 if I need to extend or get closer somewhere. Preferable, I would to have the pipe go out the SIDE of the truck as to not cause too much ground heat idling in the summer. I can point it ou the side, but too close to the gas tank. I could angle it down, for sure. and maybe have a slight bend point upward again beyond gas tank. Also, how far from the tire do I need to keep it.

OTHERWISE, I can go out the back of the truck which went over the differential, which Is fine, but I would to keep the price down. If I need length to get back there, I would like a muffler or resonator, so I can use those to increase the length

Maybe someone sells the whole exhaust that would work on a 1980 k25 long bed. Factory and mufflers are not bad, but I will not spend money on a cat. Because if the government wants me to have an expensive part when i got it without one, they could happily pay for it. And no testing.

If visual helpers are needed, I can quickly butt up the pipes and show lengths and get measurements of what i have left Meets from headers under cab

Marcus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500
Engine Size
Just run it out about a foot from the tire and let it point out. Get you an exhaust tip that’s angled and have it point downwards. No big deal on tire or gas tank. I’ve done several that way.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Well I can run it past \ the tank and before the tire on that side in the middle. If thats the case it worked for you I might just do that

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboT71