Where can I find this grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlambert

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
I've seen lots of photos of this style of billet grille that seems to have 8-9 bars:

You must be registered for see images attach

And I mean lots...

However, no matter *where* I seem to look, all I can manage to find are grilles of this style, which have 13-14 bars and are much thinner in profile:

I know it seems trivial, but I find the version with fewer bars much more to my taste. Plus, I had the idea to paint out alternating bars giving the illusion of the '79 style, and it would work way better with the fatter bars.

I've spent the last 4 or so days scouring eBay and all the usual parts places but I'm just finding zilch and approaching the point of giving up.

Does anyone know where I can actually find one of these grilles?

Thanks!

There is a new member that just removed what looks like a tube grille.
His name is White85.
Here is the link to the discussion.

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/my-new-to-me-85.24256/

buildin64

Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Hi I have one of those grilles including the brackets to mount to the rad support. Notice in the image that the top bar has a slight curve to it to allow access to the hood release but not as easy to release the hood as with the factory grille.
Give me a shout if you are still interested.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hi I have one of those grilles including the brackets to mount to the rad support. Notice in the image that the top bar has a slight curve to it to allow access to the hood release but not as easy to release the hood as with the factory grille.
Give me a shout if you are still interested.

I really like that silver/white two tone. What color is your interior?

buildin64

Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Hi, thanks for the compliment. The truck exterior was originally light blue with the white center. The person I bought it from changed the color to the silver.
The interior was also blue and the previous owner also changed that out to be grey/silver.
Not sure that the 75 K5's actually could be had this way but I like it better then some of the other color combo's that I remember from my youth.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hi, thanks for the compliment. The truck exterior was originally light blue with the white center. The person I bought it from changed the color to the silver.
The interior was also blue and the previous owner also changed that out to be grey/silver.
Not sure that the 75 K5's actually could be had this way but I like it better then some of the other color combo's that I remember from my youth.

I used to have a silver K5 with a white top, but no side stripe because it was a base model. It had a blue interior. Now I have a Burb that is supposed to be silver with a maroon two-tone. Your silver/white looks better I think.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

White85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I’m still pretty new to the square bodies and only know the 83 k5 my mom had and the crew dually my dad had. Does he he have desirable parts? If so I can try to get them cheap and only need my money back and shipping if it makes sense. Not trying to make money. I just like to see as many old rigs back on the road as possible. I’m fairly young (29) but stuck in the past

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I’m still pretty new to the square bodies and only know the 83 k5 my mom had and the crew dually my dad had. Does he he have desirable parts? If so I can try to get them cheap and only need my money back and shipping if it makes sense. Not trying to make money. I just like to see as many old rigs back on the road as possible. I’m fairly young (29) but stuck in the past

He's got some nice parts for good prices. The '73-'80 hoods shown are not reproduced, as GM slightly changed the stamping in '79 and that version was sold as the replacement for previous years too. New aftermarket hoods are also the 2nd design. Then those tube grilles are apparently not being made anymore. The rest of the stuff is more common.

White85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Oh i see. Yeah the hoods would probably be spendy to ship. We have a job going in Pierre South Dakota and I could send them on a truck for free that far but anywhere after that would cost me. Don't know if that helps anyone

kenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
1977, 1978
Truck Model
c10, k10
Engine Size

I have one on my 77, I want to go back to original grille with yellow bow tie. You have one to trade?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

I have one on my 77, I want to go back to original grille with yellow bow tie. You have one to trade?
Sexy truck. Even in yellow

kenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
1977, 1978
Truck Model
c10, k10
Engine Size
Sexy truck. Even in yellow

yellow/ wht not my first choice, looked for green and white combo for over a year this one fell in my lap, its growing on me

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

yellow/ wht not my first choice, looked for green and white combo for over a year this one fell in my lap, its growing on me
Not a "banana creme" fan but its a sexy truck regardless

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
These are good bars. . .