Wheel offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick87scotts

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I have an 87 1/2 ton with a 4in lift and 33/11.50s what offset do I need for my wheels to stick out about 2 inches

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Why do you want them to stick out???? Usually when they stick out its cause they have to or they will rub.

I have a set of 15x10's with a -47mm offset and they stick out roughly 1"-1.5"(the rim alone)

33x10.5's Can run on stock wheels most likely. I have currently 32x11.5-15 on 15x8" wagon wheels near factory BS.

And you wouldn't happen to mean Omaha NE what you?

Nick87scotts

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I like the look of the stance, do you have any lift, and do you have any problems with rubbing?

And yes Omaha Ne

Last edited:

white lightnen

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
the more backspacing, meaning the further the wheels stick out, creates more leverage for bump-steer and is more strain on steering components.
\
\comes down to scrub radii, meaning your front wheels should pivot on center of tread, not roll in an arc.

if you are lifting your truck, get a angle finder and try to keep about 6 degrees of caster, meaning knuckle top leans toward back or truck. less will make it wander and look for things to run into, and it will be difficult to keep it going straight

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
the more backspacing, meaning the further the wheels stick out, creates more leverage for bump-steer and is more strain on steering components.
\
\comes down to scrub radii, meaning your front wheels should pivot on center of tread, not roll in an arc.

if you are lifting your truck, get a angle finder and try to keep about 6 degrees of caster, meaning knuckle top leans toward back or truck. less will make it wander and look for things to run into, and it will be difficult to keep it going straight

That would be LESS backspacing that pushes the wheel further out.

Generally with these trucks, you don't want anymore than about 4.5 inches of backspacing, no matter what the rim width or geometry ends up being. With much more backspacing than stock, there's going to be clearance issues with brakes, tie rod, drag link, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spartantx117