What Transfer Case Is This??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
it leaks when the driveshaft comes out, as compared to a fixed yoke does not. ON the trail or if you wheel hard that can be a big problem. Other than that, for daily driving, you don't really need to concern yourself.
This is true, street/highway not an issue totally fine.
My perspective on these machines is not exactly 44" tire rock crawler, but dual purpose daily driver road and hard core trail rig... if I can use those words in the same thought.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I tend to gravitate towards the idea of daily driver with 33 inch tires and a 2 inch lift, and when i take it offroad it's going to be able to survive through either a combination of driving skill, or liberal application of the throttle..

That and the idea that I'll fix or replace something weaker with something stronger when it breaks. That being said I'm only at a, 5.3 LS 4l60E, NP208, and a rear 14 bolt for now but I am still in the process of swapping it all in so we'll find out how long the 4l60E stays once I get done "test driving it".

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
the thing I don't like about a slip yoke beside being weaker. in an emergency if you ever need to remove the rear drive shaft and drive off the front, you can't do it with a slip yoke. highdesertranger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K10_Travis