What to replace while doing tie rods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89GMCJimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Yeah I only do Moog, Proforged, or AC Delco parts for this stuff. When you buy a complete control arm does it also include the bushings and all of that stuff? Is everything pressed in and installed to the control arm also? Seems easier to just replace it all and not have to fiddle with grinding stuff out and pressing things back in. Can you remove the control arms both upper and lower without removing either ball joint, that would be preferred for time.
I know you already purchased parts, I made the mistake by buying AC Delco Gold/professional parts they were cheap chinese and had play in them so I had to do my front end twice stick with OEM AC Delco or Moog. If you havent installed yet

tophat36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
350-4 V8
Agree with @TotalyHucked . While ur there do as much as you can afford including the front brakes and other suspension parts. If not split them up in thirds.....complete front end, complete brakes, full suspension. All 3 of these are best completed left side-right side as well.
Purchased the Moog upper and lower control arms from Rock Auto today, once I get that done with tie rods, idler, pitman, I’ll move to brakes. Will do new rotors and pads, should I replace calipers? Will do brake lines if I can figure it out and a flush. After that I think I’ll do struts, do the coils/springs need to be replaced?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef