What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
According to the numbers it's a 1948. Farmer that give it to me said it ran and welded great. Quit running a few months back, sent it to a shop, they put a rebuilt mag on it, then a month or so back it quit firing again. He went and bought a new Miller. Itching to have time to fool with it.
You must be registered for see images attach
That is bad a$$!!!
Eric

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
According to the numbers it's a 1948. Farmer that give it to me said it ran and welded great. Quit running a few months back, sent it to a shop, they put a rebuilt mag on it, then a month or so back it quit firing again. He went and bought a new Miller. Itching to have time to fool with it.
Looks like an old Miller SA-200. Built like like a brick s**t house, and tougher than a Sherman tank. Check the glass fuel filter, and the fuel tank itself.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Looks like an old Miller SA-200. Built like like a brick s**t house, and tougher than a Sherman tank. Check the glass fuel filter, and the fuel tank itself.
Awful close. It's a Lincoln SA 200. The rest of your statement is 100 percent accurate. Thanks!!

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
Awful close. It's a Lincoln SA 200. The rest of your statement is 100 percent accurate. Thanks!!
Young guy brought one these Lincoln's (Thanks for setting me straight. If I had a brain, I could be dangerous) to the parts store where I worked years ago. It was his grandfathers', who had bought it new in 1949. Found a Wix oil filter for an oil change. Wix also makes a fuel and air filter. Changed out the very brittle fuel hose. Thanks heaven his grandpa had run the fuel tank dry, so no gooey fuel left in the lines. Added some non-ethanol gas, a 1/2 can of Sea Foam, new lawnmower battery, and hit the starter button. Fired right up and settled down to a nice idle. The kid (really, a young man) went to welding school, and is now working as a pipeline welder, with no debt over his head with the cost of a new welder these days.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Young guy brought one these Lincoln's (Thanks for setting me straight. If I had a brain, I could be dangerous) to the parts store where I worked years ago. It was his grandfathers', who had bought it new in 1949. Found a Wix oil filter for an oil change. Wix also makes a fuel and air filter. Changed out the very brittle fuel hose. Thanks heaven his grandpa had run the fuel tank dry, so no gooey fuel left in the lines. Added some non-ethanol gas, a 1/2 can of Sea Foam, new lawnmower battery, and hit the starter button. Fired right up and settled down to a nice idle. The kid (really, a young man) went to welding school, and is now working as a pipeline welder, with no debt over his head with the cost of a new welder these days.
And, has the best welding welder on the line! That pure DC is something to weld with, basically all they need you for is to change the rod!

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Sort of a tool here, truck-related at least. I ordered some new tie-down straps for general use after breaking some of the old ones. My yellow HF straps have started failing by having the release lever snap off which renders them useless. Decided to get something better than I've had in the past and got some PowerTye cam buckle straps. (I have some ratchet straps but like cam buckles because they're easier/quicker to use.) These PowerTye units are REALLY nice! Made in the U.S. and far superior to what I've been using.

L to R: HF cheapy, NASCAR branded unit that might be from Costco, and the PowerTye.

Amazon Link below

Last edited:

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Sort of a tool here, truck-related at least. I ordered some new tie-down straps for general use after breaking some of the old ones. My yellow HF straps have started failing by having the release lever snap off which renders them useless. Decided to get something better than I've had in the past and got some PowerTye cam buckle straps. (I have some ratchet straps but like cam buckles because they're easier/quicker to use.) These PowerTye units are REALLY nice! Made in the U.S. and far superior to what I've been using.

L to R: HF cheapy, NASCAR branded unit that might be from Costco, and the PowerTye.

Amazon Link below
Do you know how to tie a hay haulers knot? I'm also not a fan of ratchet straps. Piece of braided nylon and a hay haulers knot will get and stay tighter than these will. That sounds awful, am in no way wanting to be an ass, know it all. Just trying to pass along good info.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Do you know how to tie a hay haulers knot? I'm also not a fan of ratchet straps. Piece of braided nylon and a hay haulers knot will get and stay tighter than these will. That sounds awful, am in no way wanting to be an ass, know it all. Just trying to pass along good info.

I'm guessing "hay haulers" knot has a different name over here in these parts.

I'm a ratchet strap kinda guy myself.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Would that happen to be the same as a truckers hitch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad