What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-5
Engine Size
Wish you were my neighbor!!
lol, I've done a set of trailer tires for my neighbor.
I originally bought because I bought some property with a bunch of abandoned tires and wheels. So I figured I could save a little money and dismount the tires myself, so I went on the hunt for an older Coats machine. Found this set up with a 4' lift, engine hoist and a few other smaller shop tools for 3k. It was a little more than what I was looking for but with our household full of projects and trailers I can put them to good use.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
lol, I've done a set of trailer tires for my neighbor.
I originally bought because I bought some property with a bunch of abandoned tires and wheels. So I figured I could save a little money and dismount the tires myself, so I went on the hunt for an older Coats machine. Found this set up with a 4' lift, engine hoist and a few other smaller shop tools for 3k. It was a little more than what I was looking for but with our household full of projects and trailers I can put them to good use.
That’s a helluva deal!

SK 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Only the radio is new, but thats my Bauer tool collection.
You must be registered for see images attach

I love Harbor Freight, but my brand new Bauer impact leaves a little to be desired. Couldn't break a lugnut loose, even with a full charge. I had to borrow @bucket 's Dewalt which did the trick without even breaking a sweat.....

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I love Harbor Freight, but my brand new Bauer impact leaves a little to be desired. Couldn't break a lugnut loose, even with a full charge. I had to borrow @bucket 's Dewalt which did the trick without even breaking a sweat.....

Oh yeah, they're definitely not as good as good name brand stuff, but for the price, you cant go wrong. And i have noticed that there isnt much the 1/2 Bauer can do that the 3/8 Bauer can't. I use the snot out of the 3/8 and 1/4 hex impact. 1/2 does kinda suck.

I was pretty proud though, that my little $50 bauer impact drill outdid my friends dewalt of the same style.
We did a side to side test, a 4 inch screw into a pinion log mine beat his in, his still had a inch of screw left. And i did the whole project on one battery, and he was on his 3rd by the time we quite, and i was using mine more. It keeps up with the makita drill and impact too at work. Im impressed with tha particular one.

I have no complaints with the drill, 1/4 impact, and 3/8. Great pieces (i think they're all the exact same motor and housing)..
The 1/2... eh, yeah its not great.
The battery grinder sucks. Terrible at doing normal grinder stuff. But i only got that for going to the junkyard, and its good at that. Better than not having one at all.
The regular plug in grinder is awesome. Ive used and abused that, and its still truckin.
The radio is great. I need tunes, and it actually sounds really good. It also charges your phone and itll do bluetooth.

The price is what i like best about them. I got the 1/4 impact, drill, bag, 2 batteries, and a charger, for probabaly $100-120 (on sale), and the same equivalent set in dewalt or Milwaukee is like $350-400 last i saw. So far this november makes i think 2 years, and they're all going strong. Thats pretty cheap, even if they maybe don't last as long, but when they break, ill just go buy another set, and ill still have spent less than 1set of the other.

I bought a super cheap Harbor Freight grinder for $9.99 on time. That sucker lasted about 4 years, using, abusing, overusing. Dropped it a few times, left it outside when it was snowing once.
It finally gave in when i was cutting threw a massive weld. Really pushing hard, it finally started smoking. RIP 9.99 grinder.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've had a few of those $9.99 grinders, not bad for the money. Had a couple burn up the motors, but they were used hard. One had the switch crap out, but I was able to salvage a switch from one with a bad motor. I see they have replaced them with a different one now, wonder how the new ones hold up.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I've had a few of those $9.99 grinders, not bad for the money. Had a couple burn up the motors, but they were used hard. One had the switch crap out, but I was able to salvage a switch from one with a bad motor. I see they have replaced them with a different one now, wonder how the new ones hold up.
Yeah, the old 9.99 ones were drill master brand, those are gone now. The equivalent replacement are the warrior. So far its pretty good, no complaints, but i use the Bauer plug in one way more.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size

That's interesting the Bauer 1/2 has lackluster performance. I picked up their Earthquake Extreme XT 1/2 battery impact on sale earlier this year for $160 with a battery and charger and it's awesome. Does everything I ask of it and has good battery life. I think they've done away with the Earthquake stuff though

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Got home and put together the propane table heater. No instructions but wasn't hard to figure out. It's about waist high and will be perfect on the back porch.

Oh there's the owners manual lmao

Found it when I went to put the Styrofoam back in the box lol

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
You guys do know that a Bosch 4inch grinder is only about 60.00 bucks? Mines still going strong at least 25 years years old.Got it about 1990-1992 ish.

Last edited:

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You guys do know that a Bosch 4inch grinder is only about 60.00 bucks? Mines still going strong at least 25 years years old.Got it about 1990-1992 ish.
Yeah, I have 2 Makitas also, one is probably 30 years old. It's just nice to have one with a cutoff wheel, one with a grinding wheel, and one with a flap disc, and possibly one with a wire brush, when fabbing something out of old metal, so I am not changing discs every few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod