What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Trying to remove 3 copper lines 1 at a time with a single tip is a lot of work, not to mention a lot of welding.
You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Trying to remove 3 copper lines 1 at a time with a single tip is a lot of work, not to mention a lot of welding.

A sawzall will remove them all right quick :rofl:

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Alright I'll stop clogging up this thread after this lol. I wanted to clean and lube under the release valve knob, has a simple spring loaded dowel pin, ended up getting a little extra and cleaning it up all the way lol. It looks so much better. I also found out where the light switch mounted, it's on the left side handle, has some threads on the inside and what looks to be like what looks like the inside of a flashlight.

The only other things im gonna do for now is clean and flush the reservoir, and pressure wash the unit. I've also got some grease zerks for the rear casters.

I've also found some literature, this seems to be about all I could find. The lower pictures on the one sheet is stupid hard to read so I'll insert it. Has "lightening lift" lol I guess that's why it's only six pumps unloaded.

Pictures left to right-

1- (self aligning connecting rod)
- Longer life- Power unit is stationary, avoids wear as with moving power unit, auto-like, piston moves freely.

2- (only one exposed pump piston, for two pumps)
- One pump, two speeds- Exclusive, patented 2 speed pump encloses load pump, eliminates extra exposed plunger and parts.

3- Easy maintenance- Power unit is accessible for quick valve inspection and cleaning, simply unscrew cover plate.

4- Extra safety- Saftey control knob with positive lock, prevents tampering with release valve and accidental lowering.

5- Fingertip control- All controls are at top of enclosed handle, no footlevers or gadgets to accidentally trip.

6- Clogproof- Enclosed construction prevents dirt, water and grease from getting inside to clog power unit.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Picked up a HF soda blaster and almost full 50lb bag of soda for $40 off Craigslist. They also threw in a new packnog nozzles and a nice pair of goggles. Only been used a couple of times. Not sure how useful it will be cleaning up the cab when I rebuild my 78, but figured it would be better in hard to reach places than a flap wheel, or doing it by hand. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Attachments

• 60802_W3.jpg
    60802_W3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 74

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Also picked up a new top box, although I have no idea where I am going to put it. My son was at Lowes and saw it marked down and called me. He got 2 of them (one for each of us) for $61 each! Regularly over $400. New and undamaged, we figured they changed them a little, so marked down the old ones. Guess I have to start looking for another bottom box. Still looking for a 10-12 drawer 27" wide Craftsman to go under my other top box.

Attachments

• 44375773.jpg
    44375773.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 71

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Got this crimper for the coming up rewire on my Chevy.It’s beefy and USA made.Nice quality and looks precision.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Got this crimper for the coming up rewire on my Chevy.It’s beefy and USA made.Nice quality and looks precision.

Looks nice. Will that do Weather Pack and Metri-Pack connectors that GM is so fond of?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Yes ma’am
that would be really handy lol

I Really want to get a crimping tool and a delphi metripack/weatherpack jumbo kit because I would be lying to say that I dont have any broken connector bodies, sketchy terminals etc on any of my vehicles lol. my alternator on my park avenue, for example, has a generic metripack connector spliced into the wires then connected but its cheap aluminum terminals which spread/got opened up on the first insertion, which is better than the original terminals out of the broken connector body of the original connector that were uninsulated and just grabbing the pins lol.

I wish I could buy ford sensors but with delphi connections because you see in the front of the valve cover i have a temp sensor with the wires in household push in connectors. The wires are so frail, the connector has a broken plastic spring retaining thing so it just pulls off, etc... but Ford wants oogles for their proprietary ****. not gonna get a motorcraft tool and terminals/bodies for ONE vehicle, even tho i would get to use it heavily.. lol

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
Found a deal on a Awata lph400 so I grabbed it, now I just have to wait 3-4 months till it;s warm enough to use it.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Putting in new counter tops and there isn't enough room to cut out the sink on the back side with a built in backsplash......so got one of these things only because some old timer on YT was using one to cut his sink out. UFB. Home Despot has a special going ATM....tool, charger and battery for $99. Thing is crazy handy. Oscillates so kind of buzzes. Sounds like Hendrix warming up for the Star Spangled Banner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey