What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Wonder how that would work on my aluminum slots...
I would imagine quietd well as well as any coatings on the sufcace. If bad enough then you should be safe but anodizing and resealing are options or just keep on them. Then also… bead seat. You might want to avoid hitting the tire surface because a lot of wheels leak from the corrosion creeping under the tire and causing it to have a gap. But it’s definitely a good way to prep them

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Just picked up these must haves! Picked up the jump pack since my other cheaper one took a crap.

The jump pack is the same one we used at the shop, used it to start lawnmowers all the way up to full size tractors and semis. That was back in 2010 so who knows if they're still as good, but I hope so.

Seems the exact same. The jaws are hot on both sides of the clamp, they have a really good clamp load. The 12v cigarette input to charge the pack and charge whatever you want. Auto charge. Status indicator. 48 inch cables I believe, the holders rotate as well.

Also got an IR little air saw. I love these little air saws, basically a fine use mini hacksaw. Great for plastics and metal, usually some kind of fabrication or small project. I'll be using this for my speakers in the rear air box for my suburban. Countless other times as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

keep in mind with all those type of chargers, you can get replacement batteries for them cheaper online than anything local unless you have a battery distributor in your area.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
keep in mind with all those type of chargers, you can get replacement batteries for them cheaper online than anything local unless you have a battery distributor in your area.
My old one was a cheapie, this was the one I wanted originally.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
My old one was a cheapie, this was the one I wanted originally.

right....just something to keep in mind if the internal batteries go bad or are old. These units can be repaired by replacing the batteries a lot of the time.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
right....just something to keep in mind if the internal batteries go bad or are old. These units can be repaired by replacing the batteries a lot of the time.
I did see some replacement batteries for this pack when I bought it, seemed almost expensive as the pack. It was just one option I saw, didn't look into it.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Getting back into car stereo junk and I saw a feller on the YouTubes using these for his cable needs.
I thought that is damn nifty and I shall need those.
So to Amazon I went and spent the $51 for all this crap.
Now to use it....

Crimper tool with 1200 doodads
Large bore set of doodads
Shrink tube to cover ends of doodads not inside of terminal.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Not totally truck related... but i scored an older Stihl ms290 for $150! Was one of those family members passed away and they just wanted to sell stuff deals, that's why It was even for sale in the first place and why I got it for cheap.

I believe it's a late 2000's model. 56cc, it has a 20 inch bar right now, the po had the chain too tight when I picked it up, looks like it's been ran that way a few times, the edges of the bar are a little blue, seems fine still though, oh well was gonna upgrade to like a 25 or something anyways.

Its got a lot more torque then the old 024 avs. Got it all cleaned up tonight and fired it up, it runs great, super clean unit! As expected, I'm sure the guy wouldn't have got rid of it if he was still alive, I'll take good care of it from here on. Funny how cutting wood isn't so bad when you're running the saw lol

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Ok I have a question for anyone that knows. Are the 3 in 1 metal break, shear, and rollers worth it. I've been looking at a 24" I just have never used one, or know anybody that has one. This is what I'm looking at getting.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ok I have a question for anyone that knows. Are the 3 in 1 metal break, shear, and rollers worth it. I've been looking at a 24" I just have never used one, or know anybody that has one. This is what I'm looking at getting.
I'd like to hear thoughts on this as well. When looking at that one, a similar suggested ad was for a JET 30" and it was only slightly more.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
They wont be making any memes about me, I found my 10mm lol.

I've got 2 sets of ratcheting wrenches for that reason. Don't let me see a decent set on sale cuz I will buy another set. IMO you can never have too many. My wife yells at me every time I buy "spares".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave