What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
The 1/2” High Torque Milwaukee is the bees knees. Had mine for almost 3 years now and it’s a beast.

I need to check out these impacts you guys are mentioning

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
I've got a lot of experience with the Dewalt impacts. 100% go with the brushless XR version. I've got the 1/2" drive version and so do at least 5 of my friends/coworkers. They work really well. While other brands may be just as good, they are not better. It only makes sense to go Dewalt when you already have those batteries and chargers.

I've also got a 3/8" drive impact that I got with a mail-in rebate. It's not an XR, but it works much better than I expected it would. But for 1/2", the non-XR impact is bulky and unimpressive.

Thanks for the info.It was much needed.Definitely gonna pull the trigger.....on a new impact

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Not necessarily a tool, perse, but it'll keep the liquids inside my 50s vintage Thermos. The original stopper cracked and I found a NOS stopper on ebay.

wow....I'd expect that to be harder to find than some of our parts NOS.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Got this 600 luminous led light today at Walmart for 29 bucks. This thing's badass. Really Brite and adjustable.

You must be registered for see images attach

A hook and strong magnetic base

USB cable to charge in car or on wall. Cigarette lighter charger included. I really like this.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Also got this funle I like too

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I use all porter cable stuff. Works good, i beat the ******* **** out of all of it.

Skidmark97

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I don't know if this counts but I have had several different kinds of socket holders over the years. After using the socket rails forever I picked up some magnetic socket tray holders, they hold impact sockets, or regular and you can get them in Metric or SAE and they run about 28.00 for each tray which isn't to bad , if you guys want something that works good and is a nice alternative to the old socket rails give them a try, I like mine , the ones I have are olsa and I got them on Amazon but they have about 5 or 6 other brands who also make them and some are a little cheaper, I like the olsa because they fit regular or impact sockets ,some I saw only fit regular sockets not impact, so that's why I went with the olsa brand that had good reviews

Last edited:

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
For Christmas this year, I asked for a new tool box for the garage.
My current one works well, it is just small so it does not hold everything.
I was presented with this one and was told it would be here in 2-6 weeks.
Which is just fine as I will need to clean a route to move it into its new space, as well as move the existing desk out of where I will be putting it.

In a couple months I plan on buying the matching top box as well as one of the matching side boxes.
That will take up all the space I have for it, unless I go chopping into all the wall shelving that I built many years ago that fits my current stuff....

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Trying to catch up with the **** I have recently purchased to get things on the up & up for our daily.

I have also picked one of these up at Harbor Freight to see how well it worked.
For $10 - a 20% discount coupon, how could I go wrong.

@Maxwellvis gave it a shot and reported back that it worked...alright.
He was working in the garage on a random head.
I am sure that things in that situation alright would suffice.
But we would be working in the engine bay and I wanted better than just alright.

So I started looking around and found this little guy.
I watched some videos and had Max look it up at his job so I could enjoy the discount.
He ordered it and it came in, now we have to get some time to go out there and work on the Sub when it is not pouring rain with the occasional sideways rain.

A video that shows it in operation...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't know if this counts but I have had several different kinds of socket holders over the years. After using the socket rails forever I picked up some magnetic socket tray holders, they hold impact sockets, or regular and you can get them in Metric or SAE and they run about 28.00 for each tray which isn't to bad , if you guys want something that works good and is a nice alternative to the old socket rails give them a try, I like mine , the ones I have are olsa and I got them on Amazon but they have about 5 or 6 other brands who also make them and some are a little cheaper, I like the olsa because they fit regular or impact sockets ,some I saw only fit regular sockets not impact, so that's why I went with the olsa brand that had good reviews

I've got a few of those as well. I don't know what brand, but I got them off a tool truck 20 years ago. I've got two that hold a 1/4" set of deep well and short well, all in one. Also have a couple that hold 3/8" deep and a couple that hold 3/8" short.

They are real nice because they don't slide around when the drawer gets flung open and closed and you can also toss them in a tool bag for jobs on the run.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
For Christmas this year, I asked for a new tool box for the garage.
My current one works well, it is just small so it does not hold everything.
I was presented with this one and was told it would be here in 2-6 weeks.
Which is just fine as I will need to clean a route to move it into its new space, as well as move the existing desk out of where I will be putting it.

In a couple months I plan on buying the matching top box as well as one of the matching side boxes.
That will take up all the space I have for it, unless I go chopping into all the wall shelving that I built many years ago that fits my current stuff....

Same as what i got, i got the red one. Love that thing, but all the drawers are slammed lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54