What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I got a hedge trimmer attachment for my weedwhacker at an auction for $3. Pretty stoked about that lol

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
With me getting ready to bend up some brake lines....Had to have a good double flaring tool...and a pair of tubing pliers
You must be registered for see images attach

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
It's only new in the sense that it's a replacement for my old one, but I did get to use my Hydro-Air Pressure Washer today.

It's kind of the poor man's power washer. Uses shop air and a garden hose. Hook it up to a hot water source, and it's kind of a steam cleaner as well.

Natural:

With boost:

Hosed this mess with some engine degreaser and went at it with the Hydro-Air.

Before:

After:

We had the Hydro-Air for years in our parts cleaning system for rinsing parts after they had soaked in cleaner. The hot water under pressure was really good at knocking off the debris and gack. I also used it to clean the chassis of the truck on the last engine swap. It's so nice not to have to deal with all the caked-on sludge that hangs out under an engine. Also helps avoid contaminating an open system with stray filth.

Best part is it's pretty cheap. Under $100, made in USA. Nice people to deal with too.

http://www.dm-products.com/

*Disclaimer: No affiliation. Just think it's a great product.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
24 volt kobalt impact. But my next purchase will DEFINITELY be a sawzall lol.

That reminds of having to cut the u-bolts to get and axle that I bought. Had I got there 20 minutes earlier I could have possibly used the guy's tools, but he'd left and locked up his tool box. Well, I got this hacksaw in my truck box and some blades, lets get to sawing. I don't recommend sawing u-bolts with dull blades.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
That reminds of having to cut the u-bolts to get and axle that I bought. Had I got there 20 minutes earlier I could have possibly used the guy's tools, but he'd left and locked up his tool box. Well, I got this hacksaw in my truck box and some blades, lets get to sawing. I don't recommend sawing u-bolts with dull blades.
Both times ive changed my rear i used a grinder with a cut off wheel for the u bolts

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Both times ive changed my rear i used a grinder with a cut off wheel for the u bolts

That works when you have access to it. In my case the axle was at a local gas station that had a repair shop at it. The mechanic had left, my tools I had with me didn't have the sizes I needed to loosen things up, and all I had was a hacksaw and blades that were used yet not quite dull. They were all dull by the time I was finished. My arms felt like they were about to fall off...lol...

DebraM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Debra
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Milwaukee M12 fuel 3/8 stubby impact,been good for jobs at work lately.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It's only new in the sense that it's a replacement for my old one, but I did get to use my Hydro-Air Pressure Washer today.

It's kind of the poor man's power washer. Uses shop air and a garden hose. Hook it up to a hot water source, and it's kind of a steam cleaner as well.

Natural:

With boost:

Hosed this mess with some engine degreaser and went at it with the Hydro-Air.

Before:

After:

We had the Hydro-Air for years in our parts cleaning system for rinsing parts after they had soaked in cleaner. The hot water under pressure was really good at knocking off the debris and gack. I also used it to clean the chassis of the truck on the last engine swap. It's so nice not to have to deal with all the caked-on sludge that hangs out under an engine. Also helps avoid contaminating an open system with stray filth.

Best part is it's pretty cheap. Under $100, made in USA. Nice people to deal with too.

http://www.dm-products.com/

*Disclaimer: No affiliation. Just think it's a great product.

Thank you!!!

A coworker at the old shop had one of those and it was awesome! I've wanted one of my own for several years but didn't know where to get one, or even what it was called.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Thank you!!!

A coworker at the old shop had one of those and it was awesome! I've wanted one of my own for several years but didn't know where to get one, or even what it was called.

Glad to be of service.

I love the thing. Inexpensive and easy to set up and use. Packs a lot of punch for a water pistol. Also it's a heck of a lot easier to deal with than a pressure washer, which is overkill for a lot of jobs.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
While we're at it,...

I "borrowed" this from AutoZone because I needed a pipe expander to replace one of the exhaust pipes in my square without having to replace everything else too. Worked GREAT! And I can foresee using that chain cutter and smaller expander to replace a broken flex-pipe in the Jetta that's welded into the system.

Brand-spanking new. $138.00 deposit, refundable when I bring it back.

Something tells me they ain't getting it back.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
My buddy came and stayed at my house for about a week because he had a surgery in Houston and lives 4 hours away. He came by Tues and stayed the night for a check up on Wed.

He brought me a 1/2" snap on cordless impact driver as a thank you for letting him stay here. It's used. His wife runs their snap on truck and it's been on there for a while because the guys keep buying the new and latest one.

So hell yeah. Can't beat free.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1