What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Just at work?
I keep my big tools with me.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
LOL perv.
I don't dare let mine where others can get to them. They cost too much.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
for me I haven't bought any new tools in a bit it seems but I did today pick some up.

I got some 6ton jack stands from HF used a 25 percent off coupon on them bad boys too. The lil 3 tons I got just aint tall enough for trucks.

I also picked up one of their electric cut offs, my compressor has been going downhill so for me anything electric I can get and use helps. I used a 20 percent off on that one as well, and bought a pack of cutting wheels.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Honestly I don't buy much for car tools anymore it seems like I have what I need for the most part. Occasionally I'll by a new specialty tool, but I'm usually not to happy about it. At work when I buy a new tool I usually think in my head oh I'll have to work a half day just to pay for this thing.

With that said I do still get a little excited over non-car tools. On the side I have a small chicken farm, and with that comes plenty of building, repairs ect, often in not very clean locations. My wrists aren't as good as they use to be so swinging a hammer really sucks. Most stuff I either use my nail gun for or drill and screws. about 6 months ago I bought a bauer 1/4" hex impact driver kit from Harbor Freight, this was my first cordless tool with a lithium battery. WOW have I been impressed with the battery life. Today I bought a bauer drill for $59.99, I might have bought the Hercules, but I've already got one bauer tool, so battery interchangeability is always nice. Plus there are more cordless tools in the bauer line. I think I'll be slowly replacing the rest of my NIcad tools.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Picked up the harbor freight race and seal driver and 20-ton press. Should definitely come in handy.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
for me I haven't bought any new tools in a bit it seems but I did today pick some up.

I got some 6ton jack stands from HF used a 25 percent off coupon on them bad boys too. The lil 3 tons I got just aint tall enough for trucks.

I also picked up one of their electric cut offs, my compressor has been going downhill so for me anything electric I can get and use helps. I used a 20 percent off on that one as well, and bought a pack of cutting wheels.

I have the 3, the 6 and the 12 tons. Those 12 tons have come in super handy. The Jack stands are quite good. I have one of the older Jack's from them, like 10 years old and still going strong.

I got the cheaper welding cart for Christmas. It is sturdy and I have no complaints.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Honestly I don't buy much for car tools anymore it seems like I have what I need for the most part. Occasionally I'll by a new specialty tool, but I'm usually not to happy about it. At work when I buy a new tool I usually think in my head oh I'll have to work a half day just to pay for this thing.

With that said I do still get a little excited over non-car tools. On the side I have a small chicken farm, and with that comes plenty of building, repairs ect, often in not very clean locations. My wrists aren't as good as they use to be so swinging a hammer really sucks. Most stuff I either use my nail gun for or drill and screws. about 6 months ago I bought a bauer 1/4" hex impact driver kit from Harbor Freight, this was my first cordless tool with a lithium battery. WOW have I been impressed with the battery life. Today I bought a bauer drill for $59.99, I might have bought the Hercules, but I've already got one bauer tool, so battery interchangeability is always nice. Plus there are more cordless tools in the bauer line. I think I'll be slowly replacing the rest of my NIcad tools.

I saw that Hercules has a lot coming.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I saw that Hercules has a lot coming.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I know Hercules is suppose to be better than bauer. Bauer is suppose to be their mid-grade. A friend of mine has the hercules drill, and I've used it a handful of times and liked it very much. For that reason I was tempted to go with that, but the bauer is lower cost, drill came with a bag, battery and charger for $59.99 on sale. I'll say in my hand I can't really tell the difference between the bauer and the hercules. Plus the big batteries for the bauer are a lot cheaper. I almost went with Rigid because they come with a lifetime warranty and are only a little bit more than the hercules. I do want tools that will last but cost is an factor, if I can get 3 - 5 years out of the bauer I'll be happy with that.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Here’s the press. The smaller hardware at the base seems like junk. I’m buying some quality nuts and bolts to replace them. Everything else feels solid.
You must be registered for see images attach

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Here’s the press. The smaller hardware at the base seems like junk. I’m buying some quality nuts and bolts to replace them. Everything else feels solid.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have seen the pneumatic 20 ton bottle Jack being used on that to make it a tad better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad