What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Seen somebody post books the other day. Mine were at the post office at the same time.

Found this set for $80 delivered, so the 99' Suburban can be repaired:
You must be registered for see images attach

The bottom 2 are the transmission / transfer case set, so I only needed books 2 and 3 of the primary set. Wonder how much these cost back then?

All the air cooled VW engines and a bunch of the VW Diesel 4 cylinders end up as sluice boxes, here in gold panning country. Price is getting right to head into the mountains and file a claim or 2...

The AirCat stuff has been holding up good.
We have a 1/2" impact driver on the service truck and I bought the Cat die grinder for milling my heads and intake.
Haven't tried their DA yet.

You need a big tank for the cheapo's. End up spending electricity to run the compressor constantly with high air use, but $250-$340 for a 3M seems a bit much, unless you paint every day for a living.

Last edited:

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Seen somebody post books the other day. Mine were at the post office at the same time.

Found this set for $80 delivered, so the 99' Suburban can be repaired:

The bottom 2 are the transmission / transfer case set, so I only needed books 2 and 3 of the primary set. Wonder how much these cost back
I want to get a set like this for our 99 Burban, good stuff!

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
I want to get a set like this for our 99 Burban, good stuff!
Make sure you get a picture of the Table of contents before you agree to buy.
Then realize, the table includes all four books, (Top set is a 4 book series), and you may not want all 4...

The 2 bottom books are Transmissions/Transfer case, (1 and 2 of 2) so I did not need books #1 and #4 for the top series...

The covers all have the same info and the OEM numbers are all the same, but the engines and transmissions covered under the 1999 cover, are completely different from one another. Make your decision carefully. There is an exact set with the LS engines and none of the small or big block info...

He wanted $20 - $29 for each book plus shipping, so I emailed him for photos and he offered what I thought was a good deal.

Last edited:

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Make sure you get a picture of the Table of contents before you agree to buy.
Then realize, the table includes all four books, (Top set is a 4 book series), and you may not want all 4...

The 2 bottom books are Transmissions/Transfer case, (1 and 2 of 2) so I did not need books #1 and #4 for the top series...

The covers all have the same info and the OEM numbers are all the same, but the engines and transmissions covered under the 1999 cover, are completely different from one another. Make your decision carefully. There is an exact set with the LS engines and none of the small or big block info...

He wanted $20 - $29 for each book plus shipping, so I emailed him for photos and he offered what I thought was a good deal.

Money well spent! I would want small and big block info,Thanks for the intell

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
some of these on the way for the guys at work. Sometimes when your soldering, you need a 3rd hand....this free's up one at times.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Got a small order from Benchmark Abrasive. Got a free T-shirt also

Attachments

• 20230331_170128.jpg
    20230331_170128.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230331_170145.jpg
    20230331_170145.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230331_170236.jpg
    20230331_170236.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 33

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Bought myself a palm sander. Getting ready for painting...
My opinion you'll get a nicer job using an airfile and block sanding or at least using an 8"D.A.

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
New to me, guy give it to me. Said it would only get to 100 psi and never quit running. Well, the gauge was broke, and had a 175 pound switch. New gauge and little reset on the switch and does good for what it is. Cool old compressor.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Made a new dolly for working on the cab. The first one I made didn’t work so good, this one is 100% better. It bolts to the front and rear cab mounts and rolls great. The first one used air filled tires, which I thought would be better, but they were always losing air and didn’t roll as good as these.

I need to finish welding the front mounts when I take the cab off, they are good for now, but I couldn’t really get at them with the cab sitting on them. I welded up the rear mounts before putting the cab on, but couldn’t get the fronts until the cab was on so I could be sure of the placement.
That's a rad cab dolly!
Jut in time for my cab off restoration on my 86 3/4 ton. I'll take one. How much + shipping to zip 76247?
Here's an affordable light weight option... A few 2x4's and a 4x4 left over from a project, few dozen deck screws, and 4 bolts. It would be easy to bolt a few casters on it if needed

We sat it up on a table to make bodywork a little easier.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Got a small order from Benchmark Abrasive. Got a free T-shirt also
I absolutely love Benchmark products, Dad got turned onto them through an Ebay purchase & we've been buying direct ever since. Their cut off wheels last longer than anything you can buy at a hardware store and their flap disks are every bit as good as DeWalt, or Forney.

We ordered rolls of the PSA D/A paper in 400 & 600, be sure to peel them off as soon as you're done sanding. The glue is so good it will about tear the pad on the sander if you let it sit for long periods. Much easier to just peel them while they are still a little warm from use.

[email protected] beat HF prices for H/L discs.....twice as many for same price.
All of the Benchmark stuff I've used has been top notch! PSA disks, Cut off disks, flap wheels, Roloc disks (scotch brite, paint stripping, 36 & 60 grit, and mini flap disks), 2 3/4" PSA sand paper rolls, air saw blades, and small drill bits have all performed great.

Every other time I've tried new abrasives from anyone except 3M I was disappointed, but these guys have my business from now on.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I'm surprised how many VW guys are on this forum. I'm heading out to pick up a 68 this evening.
Dang VW's will multiply in the driveway before your eyes if you don't keep an eye on them too....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1