What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wlwarnke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
It's just a power distribution point, nothing more. Has nothing to do with the heater. FYI we just had another thread on this a few weeks ago....
Power for High Speed on the blower comes from here and through the blower relay. All other speeds are fed directly from the blower switch, then through the resistors.

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Years ago, I had a '76 Monte and I only had low speed fan control. I unplugged the relay and ran a jumper in the harness to give me high speed all the time. That being said, I believe the relay is responsible for the speed variables, as 12v is going into it, and it seems to change the fan speed with it's internal switches. I could easily be wrong , but I do know what happened to my fan speed with the harness jumper wire.

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Power for High Speed on the blower comes from here and through the blower relay. All other speeds are fed directly from the blower switch, then through the resistors.
That makes more sense, and my Monte probably had a blown resistor that I didn't even know I had back then, as I was only 18!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag