what is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jetdoc

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
350/TH700/NP208C
hi guys just picked up a project this stuff was in the back
the lady that sold the trk didnt know what it for i am assuming it to beef up suspension? i have no need for it if you guys can use it let me know

Attachments

• 4x4 sus1.jpg
    4x4 sus1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 4x4 sus2.jpg
    4x4 sus2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 135
  • 4x4 sus3.jpg
    4x4 sus3.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 137

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Looks like some kind of aftermarket suspenion parts. :think:

jetdoc

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
350/TH700/NP208C
yea but my truck has leaf springs? wats the coils for

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
something like a jeep or something looks like the bars with kickers are braces maybe and the other are like the steering links? maybe they are for the back, like ladder or traction bars.

If that curved bar aint bent, from hitting something, I bet it's a panhard bar. I wonder if maybe that's four link bars for the rear and then some braces for the front or something along with coil springs.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Looks to be an adjustable 4 link rear suspension system for a possibly a drag race car. A small car, maybe a Vega, Monza, S-10 something of that nature. Not sure on the model, but that's what it sure looks like to me. Might be worth checking out, looking for some brand names, markings, part #'s etc. Adjustable 4 Link systems are usually farily pricey. I'd bet you could make a few bucks if you knew what it went to.
Good Luck with that. Also, Welcome to GMSB jetdoc !!! Glad to have you here. :High 5:

jetdoc

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
350/TH700/NP208C
Roger that Hotrod don't see any p/n , and glad to be part of a group of dedicated GM fans!!!

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
That's most likely a Jeep lift minus the hardware and shocks. The 4 straight links should be for the rear and the "Y" links are for the front. Fat coils are for the rear and skinny for the front. As stated the bent bar is the panhard.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's most likely a Jeep lift minus the hardware and shocks. The 4 straight links should be for the rear and the "Y" links are for the front. Fat coils are for the rear and skinny for the front. As stated the bent bar is the panhard.

Don't go messing it up now. I was liking that its an adjustable rear 4 Link for a drag car better. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

But you're probably closer to right being since a rear doesn't use 4 coils and doesn't need the bent bar. :High 5:

angusdevil

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
454/sm465/205
I know what that is, it's about 14 bucks in scrap metal! Every bit of that stuff is shot and belongs in the trash. Whatever it was wasn't meant for much abuse and more like a mall crawler setup.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
there's nothing there that looks like its shot, considering the joints at each end of those links is rebuildable. i'm seeing at least $400 worth of joints alone, and the link material looks more than adequate.

i'm actually seeing a triangulated 4 link for the rear, and a set of radius arms for the front in that pile.

Last edited by a moderator:

angusdevil

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
454/sm465/205
Parts look like they've literally sat out in the sun for 10 years and the black paint actually faded to grey. None of those races or bushings are gonig to be good. The housing of the joints are going to be rusted up on the inside as well. The heim on the trackbar is probably rotted too. Other than the steel, maybe the housings and possibly the actual johnny ball, it's trash. At that point, its just as cheap to buy all new joints instead of trying to rebuild. Even if it were a bit cheaper, suspension is one place I wouldn't cut corners on reusing parts that are old or questionable.

Now even if you were deadset on using those joints, you could use any of the ends as they are all rusted and the threads are most likely shot/eaten away/seized.

Springs might be good but chances are they probably aren't the right spingrate or height for what your needing.

It'd be great for the steel and maybe some extra spare parts for the offroad bin but thats about it. What it invaluable about them though is that it looks like you could reverse engineer something off of them very easily to make you own, brand spankin new 4 link and RA's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugRedC10