What do ya'll suppose my Nova is worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
if i remember right, you have 35"s for the blazer, ill take those XD.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
39.5's, I got them from Curt here. I decided to sell those too, before they rot and are worthless. I can always buy tires again later when I actually am ready.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
its really hard around here to even sell a car for what you have invested in it.
I wheel and deal a lot but never try to sell the projects I start end up staying with me or I trade back and forth with my buddies.

maybe try putting your nova up for trade that is about the only way to get an even value for what you have.

I have at least 8 454 engines that run and 5 complete rebuilders and around here no one wants them. but I pick them up when ever I can

every body is going to the ls engine big block power in a smaller package and better economy

the only thing a 454 has over a built ls is torque

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Mostly because of a series of events with my old house and some unexpected bills. The **** has hit the fan basically. That and an early fall has killed off a lot of work where I could have been making a lot of money. I'm not any worse than my old job, but I guess I've tried to tackle more than I can handle.

:console:

If I was in a different situation here Andy I would take Euorsport #1 and the Camaro.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yep I got the axle from the front but the 60 would be better since you wanted to sell the blazer LOL and then the 39.5's too LOL.

I feel your pain though, I'm seriously kicking around the idea of trading my truck to get my old monte ss back and throw in the trucks 350 with the 305 heads, but then again I think I heard some knocking the other day from the truck, been afraid to run it since.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
its really hard around here to even sell a car for what you have invested in it.

Unless you have a highly desirable car, that is the truth all around. Cars are one of the worst investments, period.

This is the thinking I use now.
-Say you have a car worth $2500. Would you borrow $2500 from the bank to buy that car? If the answer is no, sell it. If you would, then keep it.

And if you are on the fence of selling a car or putting money into it, same basic thing. Take how much the car is worth and how much you are going to put into it. Would you borrow that money to execute your plan? If you would, then keep it and proceed. If not, sell the car. In this situation you could often times buy a car already done to how you want it for cheaper than you could do it yourself.

Bucket you do have some cars that you are attached to, and I fully understand that. My truck was bought new by my dad, so you can see the attachment I have with that. My Monte was my first car, my dad gave it to me to get back and forth to work and school, so that's my attachment to that. I have always threatened to sell the Monte, but I always have a hard time coming close to pulling the trigger.

If you are thinking of selling stuff for financial purposes, ask yourself if hanging on to it is ultimately worth losing your house for it. That might be worse case scenario, but it is possible, so you can't rule it out.

Not trying to criticize in any of this, just trying to have a realistic conversations with friends to help them see things in a potentially different light.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I wheel and deal a lot but never try to sell the projects I start end up staying with me or I trade back and forth with my buddies.

maybe try putting your nova up for trade that is about the only way to get an even value for what you have.

I have at least 8 454 engines that run and 5 complete rebuilders and around here no one wants them. but I pick them up when ever I can

every body is going to the ls engine big block power in a smaller package and better economy

the only thing a 454 has over a built ls is torque

Well that is the good thing with my Nova, I got a good deal on it and I don't have that much invested in it. I could sell the car for 2K and not get hurt on it. It just bugs me because I know there's money to be made if I could get the thing together... but I'm in a jam now, lol. I think I'll try asking 2500 for it and hopefully get at least close to 2K in a reasonable amount of time.

:console:

If I was in a different situation here Andy I would take Euorsport #1 and the Camaro.

It seems like that's the story for most everyone, it's just bad times for people in the car hobby. It used to be really easy to sell stuff, I didn't even have to advertise, just tell a buddy I had something for sale and before I knew it, that something would be sold already. Those days are long gone.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
.... but then again I think I heard some knocking the other day from the truck, been afraid to run it since.

Can't catch a break can ya?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If you are thinking of selling stuff for financial purposes, ask yourself if hanging on to it is ultimately worth losing your house for it. That might be worse case scenario, but it is possible, so you can't rule it out.

Yes, right now it's financial purposes but it's also got me facing the facts that it will be years or decades before I complete some of these things. If it weren't for the old house then I wouldn't be in a jam. I've been paying on a house that I haven't lived in for close to three years I think, and there have been countless disappointments from people I knew that were supposed to rent from me. I just keep going along thinking I have someone moving in to pay rent, but it never actually happens. Well it happened once with my brother in law's "friends", but they trashed the house and robbed me blind. Then a good friend was supposed to be moving in more recently, he had good intentions and tried to help me out, but it ended up hurting me even further. Now the house needs a new kitchen too because he pulled it all out with the intentions of renovation.

So if I let the house go now, I'll be throwing away thousands of dollars I've spent when I haven't even lived there. If it weren't for that, I'd just say fockit and keep all my cars probably, lol.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So you have two houses? One you are living in and one you are trying to rent? Would you borrow the money to buy the rental for what you could sell it for, just to rent it out? Might be worth cutting your losses and moving on, even if you are upside down in it. One less BIG issue to worry about. I am a firm believer in only acquiring additional properties after you are debt free and your main residence is paid for. (Dave Ramsey believer here.) If you want to move this to PM instead of airing it out here, that's cool with me.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Yes, right now it's financial purposes but it's also got me facing the facts that it will be years or decades before I complete some of these things. If it weren't for the old house then I wouldn't be in a jam. I've been paying on a house that I haven't lived in for close to three years I think, and there have been countless disappointments from people I knew that were supposed to rent from me. I just keep going along thinking I have someone moving in to pay rent, but it never actually happens. Well it happened once with my brother in law's "friends", but they trashed the house and robbed me blind. Then a good friend was supposed to be moving in more recently, he had good intentions and tried to help me out, but it ended up hurting me even further. Now the house needs a new kitchen too because he pulled it all out with the intentions of renovation.

So if I let the house go now, I'll be throwing away thousands of dollars I've spent when I haven't even lived there. If it weren't for that, I'd just say fockit and keep all my cars probably, lol.

Damn I wish you were closer to here.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So you have two houses? One you are living in and one you are trying to rent? Would you borrow the money to buy the rental for what you could sell it for, just to rent it out? Might be worth cutting your losses and moving on, even if you are upside down in it. One less BIG issue to worry about. I am a firm believer in only acquiring additional properties after you are debt free and your main residence is paid for. (Dave Ramsey believer here.) If you want to move this to PM instead of airing it out here, that's cool with me.

It doesn't bother me to talk about it here, it's just life.

We bought the house in '05 when it was supposedly "the best time to buy a house, you can't go wrong". By the time we outgrew the house, the market had plummeted even further and it was after that whole home loans for everyone fiasco, so it was now much harder to get a home loan. I couldn't get approved for a loan for another house until I sold and I had nowhere to go so I could sell the house. We were too packed in there to ever have a presentable house to show.

We ended up finding where we are now, we rent for much less than it would cost to buy a place like this. I would have sold our house after we moved but my brother needed a place to stay, and I liked the idea of holding onto the house until the market recovered. He kinda sorta moved in and never paid us any rent, he just kept leading us on and telling us he was going to be able to start paying rent. Then my niece said she wanted to move in but never did, and so-on. Then the deadbeat thieves moved in...

I don't want to own a house and rent another. I'd like to sell the house so I have the option of another home loan. I don't want to rent the rest of my life, I'd like to eventually make an offer on the place we rent. If I cut my losses now, besides losing all the money, I will pretty much lose my chances at buying again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64