What are your thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmule

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Fleetside long bed
Engine Size
Now that you got it home and had a chance to poke around a bit on it, do you think it would have made it? How did everything look? How much did you drive it?

Mechanically the truck is solid. After sitting for 4 years all I did was put in a new battery and pour a little fuel in the carb, pumped the pedal a couple of times and it fired right up. No lifter ticking just a little blue smoke that cleared once it warmed up. I drove it around for a little while yesterday and the transmission shifted smooth the transfer case shifts through all the ranges and works properly. ( it is still fulltime) the brakes feel good the gauges all work and the dual tanks switch back and forth. It probably would have made the trip but I am still glad I towed it home for the peace of mind of not worrying about being stranded.

This weekend I will be changing every fluid, filter, belt, and hose on the thing right after I give it a good bath because this thing is filthy from sitting in the desert for so long. It also needs to be painted that desert sun blasted the paint right off of it. The front fenders are rusted in the usual places but that is from living in colorado for the first 25 years of its life. Overall not a bad free truck.

Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
D.
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
You should have stopped by on your way home. I might have needed some parts. How did the tires look after sitting so long? That's the biggest worry I would have had. Shoot some pics after you clean her up.

Gmule

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Fleetside long bed
Engine Size
You should have stopped by on your way home. I might have needed some parts. How did the tires look after sitting so long? That's the biggest worry I would have had. Shoot some pics after you clean her up.

Tires are actually good as well.

it is just a little dirty
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrain04