Weird bumping at full lock with 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes we have the little bastard bugs called chiggers. But on logging roads old loggers call protruding rocks 'chiggers'. A lesson in political correctness here.. By the late 80's the logging industry was effected by PC. They used to call protruding rocks '****** heads'. Even BC Forestry's road prescription called them NH's... when building a logging road it had to conform to the standards listed on the prescription, which was 'how you do it' part of the contract. There was limited count of protruding rocks allowed... and the techs would count them to verify compliance. Well the loggers then started calling them.... protruding NG's haha! Eventually the slang term became 'chiggers'.
Gotta love them loggers! Even though we wear women's undies under our bucking pants.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

pecker heads?
We used to call the access panels on 3 phase motors the same thing.
Then the women got offended and we called em access panels. LOL.

Ewhitaker0020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 5.0
pecker heads?
We used to call the access panels on 3 phase motors the same thing.
Then the women got offended and we called em access panels. LOL.
We still call the motor wiring cover a pecker head here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Does anybody know what would be causing this weird thing my truck does at full steering lock when I'm in 4wd? It's like I'm driving over something every time the wheel makes a full revolution. The truck doesn't do this when in 2wd so I know it's because I'm in 4wd.

I'm assuming 4wd is just weird when making that tight of a turn. But it's pretty extreme so I was wondering if this was a classic symptom of something being broken. It happens in the front right when when making a hard right turn

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Bad U joint at one of the outside ends by the wheel would be my first guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1977chevyc30