Weatherproof my interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
Pretty much the whole interior of my '84 K10 is going to have to be redone anyways, so I figure while I'm at it I'll make it as weatherproof as I can. I want to run tube doors in the summer (no air conditioning and I live in SC), but I don't want getting caught in a little rain to destroy my truck. I was planning on rolling bed liner on the entire floor, but I need some noise/heat insulation. Not sure what to do about seat upholstery (going to have to be redone anyways). What are you best tips/ideas? And please try and keep them within a reasonable budget.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You could bed liner the floor and insulate it. My truck has the rubber/vynal? Floor in it with no carpet. Could also order some weather tech floor mats. They make one big one that goes over the trans tunnel. A bit pricy though. As for the seat, you can get good custom fit neoprene seat covers fairly reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
You could bed liner the floor and insulate it. My truck has the rubber/vynal? Floor in it with no carpet. Could also order some weather tech floor mats. They make one big one that goes over the trans tunnel. A bit pricy though. As for the seat, you can get good custom fit neoprene seat covers fairly reasonable.

Would you not have to worry about regular insulation getting wet? Is there any on the market that's sealed or a good way to seal it?

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have no clue. I'm sure there is. With the rubber floors that are in mine water doesn't seep through it. As far as I know anyway. The only rust I can find is behind the weather stripping in the door jamb. The weather tech mats are designed for the water to run out the door. I don't know much about the insulation. There are some guys on here that have used different kinds, but not sure about waterproof. My jeep gets rained in all the time but it has drain holes in the floors. Not telling you to drill holes in your truck by any means.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
monstaliner as a undercoat and on the rockers fire wall floor and back of the cab

I paid 119 bucks a gallon and bought a 30 dollar under coat gun off ebay

its a roll on bed liner but it sprayed good

Attachments

• 0525121422.jpg
    0525121422.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 77
  • b%20bird2.jpg
    b%20bird2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 72
  • b bird4.jpg
    b bird4.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 79

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Would you not have to worry about regular insulation getting wet? Is there any on the market that's sealed or a good way to seal it?

Regular insulation will get wet and any foam will too. I don't like the factory or foam because even on a truck with full carpet and doors lol if the stuff gets wet it just holds the moisture and rots out your floor. Even if I was putting new carpet down I would not put factory or foam insulation.

I pulled out my carpet and insulation this summer for that very reason. The more I think about it Im going to do some kinda protective coating like bed liner over the POR 15 and then just carpet or maybe just leave it as bed liner dunno yet

Although I guess if you did POR 15 and then a liner you could put any insulation down with out worrying about it rotting out the floor. But if your wheeling or going doorless I would use something that can be hosed down.

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
Regular insulation will get wet and any foam will too. I don't like the factory or foam because even on a truck with full carpet and doors lol if the stuff gets wet it just holds the moisture and rots out your floor. Even if I was putting new carpet down I would not put factory or foam insulation.

I pulled out my carpet and insulation this summer for that very reason. The more I think about it Im going to do some kinda protective coating like bed liner over the POR 15 and then just carpet or maybe just leave it as bed liner dunno yet

Although I guess if you did POR 15 and then a liner you could put any insulation down with out worrying about it rotting out the floor. But if your wheeling or going doorless I would use something that can be hosed down.

I'm planning on putting down bedliner, so rotting out the floor isn't my worry. I'm more concerned about the insulation falling apart and having to replace it. I don't want to run just bed liner because of heat mostly. I'm just looking for something that won't fall apart and will keep out heat and noise (when the doors are on anyways).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aultinator