Volt gauge/blower fan problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaredpears

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 suburban
Engine Size
First order of buisness on my new to me k10 suburban is getting the ac fixed before I can put my daughter in it, texas summers are rough. Anyways, the volt gauge and blower motor are on the same fuse correct? That’s what I found through my research, anyways, checked the fuse, it’s good, checked both sides, 12 volts. But neither are working? Should I be looking for a broken wire now? Is it ran in series? I’m stumped on where to start on getting this fixed

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The lower speeds of the blower go through the blower resistor, and the highest speed uses a blower relay and a fused direct wire that runs across the top of the firewall over to the power junction. You could have a blown fuse (25 or 30 amp?) in the high speed wire, or a bad relay assembly. The resistors and the relay are mounted on the A/C plenum under the hood.

jaredpears

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 suburban
Engine Size
Thank you! I’ll check that out

jaredpears

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 suburban
Engine Size
Found the problem, the disc on the inside of the climate controls had come apart, so no power was getting passed it. 12 volts in on the connector, and the blower works when jumped, so just need a new climate control panel!

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Found the problem, the disc on the inside of the climate controls had come apart, so no power was getting passed it. 12 volts in on the connector, and the blower works when jumped, so just need a new climate control panel!

LMC sells them if no one here has a gently used spare OE unit for sale.

In case you did not know.

:waytogo:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84