V Belt Suggestions - Fan spacing, pulley sizing, belt routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
I had issues with the belts on my small lock as well.Some of the spacers are different lengths,brackets slight different.

Ended up just making sure that all the brackets and spacers came from one engine on my rebuild.

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
I would use anything off an olds diesel.The only thing I remember about the one I had was the many times I had to start a camp fire under that engine to get it started.(cold)

Almost burned it down a couple times!
The mount was the same I thought,4 bolts.I don’t remember that fan clutch being HD at all.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I had issues with the belts on my small lock as well.Some of the spacers are different lengths,brackets slight different.

Ended up just making sure that all the brackets and spacers came from one engine on my rebuild.
about 78%-84% of mine are. the same. i think my issue is my wp pulley and crank pulley. the wp pulley doesnt match acc or crank but my acc will mostly align with one belt on crank... but nothing on wp.. but if i use another wp pulley, i only get 1 belt off the wp to use but it is underdriven. the only other crank pulley 2 or more belts is damaged, the other one is kinked or bent or something because it doesnt turn straight i think i may have gen 1 pulleys mixed in somewhere.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I would use anything off an olds diesel.The only thing I remember about the one I had was the many times I had to start a camp fire under that engine to get it started.(cold)

Almost burned it down a couple times!
The mount was the same I thought,4 bolts.I don’t remember that fan clutch being HD at all.
so a olds diesel fan clutch would be a no go or..?

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
When I mocked up my accessories and belts,I remember even if there was to much paint on one piece it threw off the belt alignment slightly.

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
It will bolt up....I just don’t remember it being anything different than a 350.

I am currently using a fan clutch off a big block with HD cooling on my 383.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
well if it does take same fans.. i should measure this one in my 79 olds.. no idea why its IN the car but who cares lol
You must be registered for see images attach

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So every power steering pump, alternator, smog pump, vacuum pump, AC compressor, water pump, and crankshaft pulley have all lined up and never needed spacers? Just their brackets?
SBC that is i guess. Even the pump i took off to put on mine had a spacer on it for PS, just longer in one spot because of a AC compressor provision
No washers or anything in my brackets. Not saying you can't do it if your brackets are all beat or bent up though. But why are your brackets bent??:33:. Are these engines being dropped everytime one is pulled?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
No washers or anything in my brackets. Not saying you can't do it if your brackets are all beat or bent up though. But why are your brackets bent??:33:. Are these engines being dropped everytime one is pulled?
the brackets arent bent tho. mine were, but that was from improper installation. the engines i took the current brackets off were just fine, they had spacers of equal length to bring the pulley into alignment with eachother. Im guessing the crank sat the furthest out, the wp lines up, and the alt and ps pump were a little bit back, the AC compressor and AIR pumps i have no idea since they arent present on both.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat