Utube video of blown up compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Pretty scary....enjoy

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
First off, holy chit! It's a good thing that nobody was near it.

Second, that guy is oblivious. That thing was rusted BADLY! The fact that he welded on the drain bung was not an issue... but the reason that he did have to weld on it CERTAINLY WAS the issue. That was a sign that the tank had rusted thin.

If Wilford Brimley did compressor safety commercials, he would say "And remember, if you have a compressor, drain your moisture and drain it often!"

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Ya, I worry about that. Here in the PNW there is a lot of moisture in the air all the time except a few months out of the year. At the shop in the city that I run, we heat the shop in the winter and the compressor is inside, water drained nightly and comes out clear. On the farm it's another story. We have two compressors one tiny but ancient compressor on wheels that gets used now and then. The main compressor in the pole barn, I just don't trust it. Most of the time it's great but once in while when you drain it you'll get a little color out in the water. For that reason and for noise control, we built a compressor building on the outside of the barn. At the very least it makes the barn quieter. If there was a disaster and the tank ruptured at least it would be outside and in it's own enclosure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave