Under hood wiring - Part 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Does the brown wire come out of the fuse box, or is it a separate wire coming through the firewall?

My truck has dual batteries for a camper, and there is an ignition-on brown/white wire coming through the firewall to a relay mounted on the driver's side, inside the fender. There is also an extra red charge wire running from the terminal on the firewall over to the relay on the fender. When the ignition is on, the brown/white wire activates the relay and connects the aux battery to the rest of the electrical system so it will be charged. When the ignition is off, the relay disconnects the aux battery and it cannot be discharged by anything in the truck electrical system (it would be powering a camper or other aux equipment).

The aux battery is an RPO option, but I'm not sure how much of the wiring would be installed if their was no 2nd battery tray and power relay.

Bruce

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
It comes from the bulkhead/fuse block connection.
In post #1 it is the bottom right hand tan/brown wire. Mine has no connector end on it.
I have not tested it for 12v with key on though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk