Under hood sticker preservation tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just got a K20 in nice shape and all the stickers under the hood are still in decent shape. After I cleaned up the engine bay, accidentally blew the sticker off the AC evaporator and the the one on the core support was peeling up.
The tire changing instructions on the fender well is all there too and it had a deteriorating clear rubber “coating” on it.
Got an idea on how to save the original stickers.
Cleaned up the 2 small ones and glued the peeling one back down. Then I cut pieces of leftover clear bra a bit bigger than the stickers and over layed it over the stickers. It worked great and put a permanent protective cover over them.
The tire changing instructions I was able to rub off the rubber coating with my fingers and peel off with a razor blade. Need to get a piece of clear bra wide enough for that one still.
Looks great and they should last darn near forever now.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Just got a K20 in nice shape and all the stickers under the hood are still in decent shape. After I cleaned up the engine bay, accidentally blew the sticker off the AC evaporator and the the one on the core support was peeling up.
The tire changing instructions on the fender well is all there too and it had a deteriorating clear rubber “coating” on it.
Cleaned up the 2 small ones and glued the peeling one back down. Then I cut pieces of leftover clear bra a bit bigger than the stickers and over layed it over the stickers. It worked great and put a permanent protective cover over them.
The tire changing instructions I was able to rub off the rubber coating with my fingers and peel off with a razor blade. Need to get a piece of clear bra wide enough for that one still.

At the risk of sounding ignorant what may I ask are you referring to as "clear bra" ? The wife has many types of those, lace, satin, silk, etc. and a rainbow of colors but no clear! LOL:cheers:

EvilGenius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darien
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A clear bra is just a protective clear layer usually installed over existing paint. Comes in films of varying thickness and is meant to be a sacrificial layer for rock chips and scrapes.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Exact reproductions of your decals are available through different vendors, if you choose to replace them.

Last edited:

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Exact reproductions of all of your decals ore available through different vendors, if you choose to replace them.

Even the vacuum hose and emissions for specific applications?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Paladin. Lol
Tried getting the wife to wear clear bra. It’s a bra, right?
Didn’t work....thank goodness it works on cars!

Didn’t know you could get repro stickers. That’s cool. This is kinda resto mod though.

Derick C.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454/700r4
I think LMC has all those stickers available

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
At the risk of sounding ignorant what may I ask are you referring to as "clear bra" ? The wife has many types of those, lace, satin, silk, etc. and a rainbow of colors but no clear! LOL:cheers:

You must be registered for see images

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

Tease!
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robo