U joint blow out & repair on custom driveshaft PROJECT COMPLETE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
It could very well be a Ford u joint the drive shaft came from a junk yard was setting with a pile of other loose driveshafts. I was looking for anything longer than 6’ had it cut down and welded a 32 spline front shaft from a Monte Carlo, while keeping the rear yolk in place and fitting it with a u joint that matched the rear in my truck. The u joint came with extra caps the driveshaft end used external clips and the end that hooked to the rear end could go either way c clips on the inside or the external spring clips. Is the site a place were I can order one ?

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have ordered a u joint from rock auto should be here pretty soon, will let you all know how it works, thanks for your help

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
UPDATE I just received my “U” joint from rock auto it’s a Moog 234 this should be the right part for my 3rd member. The cups are bigger than the original ones in my driveshaft, however the shaft of the new u joint is the same as the spicer joint that was in my truck so I’m gonna use the Spicer u joint with the 2 larger caps on the driveshaft. Like you said Kacy the cups that were in the truck hooked to the u joint at the rear were too small. Hopefully this will solve my problem, I have to file out a couple burrrrrs and will be back on the road. Kind of slow heat index is 107 with 48 percent humidity

Last edited:

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Just installed my driveshaft in my 85 Silverado fit perfectly, fits great. So I have a Ford driveshaft with a Ford “U” joint with 2 cups off a Chevy “U” joint awesome finally my project is complete cold A/C strong running engine and a TH 400 transmission that shifts hard. What more could a Redneck ask for.
:banana-mario: