Truck lift kit clearance into garage help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83 K20

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
hey everyone I have a 1983 chevy k20 and I can't decide weather to put on a 4 inch or a 6inch lift kit I've been looking at the lift kits from zone off-road because I herd rough country lifts ride really rough. But the reason why I'm writing this is because I have a garage with an 8 foot door and I want my truck to still fit in the garage. If I get a 4 inch lift I'm thinking of running 35s but if I get a 6 inch lift I'm going to run ether 35s or 37s if anyone has any information on the height of their truck with the lift and tires or even information on lift kits any information helps thanks

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
hey everyone I have a 1983 chevy k20 and I can't decide weather to put on a 4 inch or a 6inch lift kit I've been looking at the lift kits from zone off-road because I herd rough country lifts ride really rough. But the reason why I'm writing this is because I have a garage with an 8 foot door and I want my truck to still fit in the garage. If I get a 4 inch lift I'm thinking of running 35s but if I get a 6 inch lift I'm going to run ether 35s or 37s if anyone has any information on the height of their truck with the lift and tires or even information on lift kits any information helps thanks
That's why I have 195/65/15s on mine 6" lift

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
My truck is about 80" with 1/2 flat tires which inflated are 24" tall

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Typical garage doors are 7'. If you have an 8' tall door, you ought'a have plenty of room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood