Transmission crossmember

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Does anyone know of anyone that sells or can build a transmission crossmember that will allow you to run exhaust above the bottom of the frame rails? Specifically 3" tubing.

The truck is lowered and the current exhaust drags over speed bumps. Im afraid something will break if i dont fix it.

I actually fitted a set of camaro headers. They clear great and raised the collector up a decent amount. Enough i think it will be good to go. But now the crossmember is the next obstacle.

Heres a before and after of the headers.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Does anyone know of anyone that sells or can build a transmission crossmember that will allow you to run exhaust above the bottom of the frame rails? Specifically 3" tubing.

Check out Scorpion Fabrication on FaceBook. They make one that allows 3" tubing and allows better clearance. Prices are reasonable too.

https://www.facebook.com/Scorpionfabrication/

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I like those headers, what year Camaro and what brand are they??.

speedy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
They were pull off of a 79 camaro. I ended up ordering a crossmember from a shop in texas called ifabspeed. It looks pretty sweet and it was 89.95 plus some for shipping. Shouldnt have any problems running the exhaust now.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Wow its hard to build one for that price let us know how it goes

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
79 Camaro I'll have to remember that, that's quite the piece for the price, anxious to see it installed..

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I ended up ordering a crossmember from a shop in texas called ifabspeed.
Nice. Be sure to post an "installed" picture.

I spent hours fabricating exhaust pipe connections to my headers -- above the crossmember on the drivers side, and below on the passenger side. However, I can't complain about the Patriot headers hanging down too far! I need to take a pic of the passenger side routing, which I'm kinda proud of.

You must be registered for see images

Just in: Passenger side header extension pipe. No crush bends anywhere!

Last edited:

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
They were pull off of a 79 camaro. I ended up ordering a crossmember from a shop in texas called ifabspeed. It looks pretty sweet and it was 89.95 plus some for shipping. Shouldnt have any problems running the exhaust now.

I seen A Gear Head 4 Life posted that on his facebook page awhile back and I was going to mention that too but for the life of me couldnt remember or find the post.

thing looks solid though, good luck! how much was shipping on that bad boy?

speedy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I seen A Gear Head 4 Life posted that on his facebook page awhile back and I was going to mention that too but for the life of me couldnt remember or find the post.

thing looks solid though, good luck! how much was shipping on that bad boy?

Ill have to go back and look but i think it was like $29 to ship. I live about 400 miles from them and i honestly couldnt go get it for that so i bit.

Nice. Be sure to post an "installed" picture.

I spent hours fabricating exhaust pipe connections to my headers -- above the crossmember on the drivers side, and below on the passenger side. However, I can't complain about the Patriot headers hanging down too far! I need to take a pic of the passenger side routing, which I'm kinda proud of.

Just in: Passenger side header extension pipe. No crush bends anywhere!

Thats some slick fabricating there. Looks good.

I plan to get it in this weekend while im priming some panels. I want to do a mock up of the new exhaust with the crossmember in before i pull the engine, trans, and cab. That way when i go back all i need to do is weld up exhaust hangers.

I just ordered some black widow race venom mufflers so im hoping theyll be in this weekend so i can make it happen. Ill try to remeber to take pictures. Sometime i get to anxious and forget to take any.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Dude. That crossmember looks awesome.
It's all shiny and stuff....

Last edited:

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thats some slick fabricating there. Looks good.
I just ordered some black widow race venom mufflers so im hoping theyll be in this weekend so i can make it happen. Ill try to remember to take pictures. Sometime i get to anxious and forget to take any.

Race Venom mufflers -- sounds evil. :) I went with Walker Dynomax Super Turbos with 20" case for high flow with virtually no resonance. Gotta admit they are a little quieter than I would have liked, but I'd rather err on the side of quiet.

I can't take full credit for the fabrication. Started off with the Hedman header extensions below, then did some sectioning to shorten them between flange and bend, and shortened the center section on the passenger side so it tucked up. Five models are available for various flange and pipe sizes.

The rest of the system is built using pipes from a Heartthrob kit. I figure using 100% mandrel bent pipe makes my 2-1/4" system flow like a 2-1/2 system with muffler shop "crush" bends.

"Down and back" turn-downs welded to Heartthrob tailpipes keep sound from ricocheting off cars & curbs, and keeps exhaust moisture from blowing straight back onto blue jeans or my parked daily driver. Have shortened and raised them since taking the picture.

Last edited:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Looks good..

Latest posts

Forum statistics