Tranny swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ya nothing you have will swap over. Mark has the best idea find a T-case and adapter for that NV4500 and go with that

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes HotRodPC the nv4500 is a 4x4 unit with out transfer case. I have all parts I need on my plow truck with is an 83 1/2 ton as far as clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. Since the 80 has the mechanical clutch pedal I'm assuming i would have to take pedels out of other truck too?

Yes, you'd have to swap pedals. The Hydro pedals are different than the Z bar pedals. You might be able to get by with just hanging the clutch pedal itself though. Not sure on that part of it. And does the whole assembly have to come out do that? :shrug:

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
Don't know much but if you ever are looking to get rid of the 465 or clutch pedal assembly let me know :) been looking

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Don't know much but if you ever are looking to get rid of the 465 or clutch pedal assembly let me know :) been looking

Which pedals are you looking for Justin? Hydro Pedals or Z bar manual linkage pedals? Are you needing the bell housing too? The bell housing also has to be correct to match the clutch type.

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
Which pedals are you looking for Justin? Hydro Pedals or Z bar manual linkage pedals? Are you needing the bell housing too? The bell housing also has to be correct to match the clutch type.
Don't know haven't acquired one yet. Was gonna get the pedals and go from there lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aultinator