Too Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kiwipip

Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi I have just recently purchased this C10 (Pics Attached) That has dropped spindles on the from and a notched rear. My problem is that it sits too low, and seems if I go over a small speed bump the lower control arm will bottom out. What are the fixes to gain more clearance
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
Higher profile tires will gain you some road clearance quickly and easily, though you're short on fender-to-tire clearance, and would probably hafta go with different wheels. I'd be looking at returning it to stock ride height... then you could still use the current rolling stock. I'm the type who needs that extra clearance, so my take is gonna be a bit biased.

cstew47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I think the fix would be complicated. You could put stock spindles on the front, but, what method was used to lower the rear? Did they put the leafs under the axle? Maybe you can just flip them. Otherwise maybe block them up.

cstew47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Another solution would be airbags

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
That looks like a flipped rear and I am thinking spindle and either lowered springs or cut in front as that looks lower than just spindles.

Grumpy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Without getting too long-winded:
1. Is there interference between the wheel and the lower control arm when you turn?
2. Have the springs been cut or are they the short ones from a kit? Or are they stock?

If you have interference, you may wish to consider larger diameter wheels and move up to a slightly taller tire. This will move the lower control arm up slightly, as the increased tire diameter will grant you half as much as the tire is taller than stock (eg: a stock 29" tall tire to a 31" will provide one inch more.)
If the front springs are altered, consider swapping in a stock set.
Verify your shock absorber length front and rear!

Do not forget:
The rear suspension will need to come up a corresponding amount.
Wheel alignment after. Talk to the person doing the alignment and be certain to verify if the truck should have the fuel tanks full, half-full or whatever (I always do my alignments with half a tank of fuel - just my preference.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54