to save or repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87GMC3/4

Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/5.7
I have a 87 GMC 3/4 I'm wanting to restore. The biggest problem is the cab. I could stick my foot threw the drivers side floor if it was for floor mats passenger side is almost there , both cab corners and rockers are rotting out also. would this be worth fixing? If so any idea how much I'm looking at spending if I do it myself? thanks in advance!!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
A lot of money or a lot of sweat and time either way a lot.

87lsxgmc

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
post some pics of the rot, how good are you with a welder? the replacement sections are pretty cheap, its mostly just time needed to do everything, how are your doors?

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
I was in the same boat you were, and tried repairing it. the time and effort it took plus the money involved with patch panels, paint, etc, etc and it didn't even come out 100%

so I took a week off from working on and it and sourced a really nice military cab for 300bucks not rust, and never looked back

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
like already mentioned the replacement panels are cheap. If you have more time than money buy the panels, if you have more money than time maybe you should try to source another cab. Or, if your a ******* like me who has more money than time buy the panels and still do it yourself anyway....:cheers:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay