Tires and Snow...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
unfortunately, Michigan won't let us use tire studs. Not sure why, our roads can't get much worse, lol.

They are afraid that studs will grind the roads to gravel which will be pushed into the pot holes allowing traffic to move faster so the hiway patrol would have to actually do their job.

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have had 6 sets of General Grabber at 2's. I Drive through Tahoe a couple months out of the year during the heavy snow season, and in my opinion having on both tires, the generals are much better in the snow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's really good to know. Sometimes it's tough to decide on a good tire. I haul propane and we don't get snow days. I have to get to and from work in any and all types of weather. 50 miles round trip with some good hills!

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Ahh the good old Firestone Town and Country snow tires!

One of my fond memories from my youth was helping my dad swap out the summer tires for winter snow tires on his 78' Scottsdale C10.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54