This genuinely offends me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I honestly don’t care what people think. I cut the dash out of one of my old suburbans and tubed it well before the cage and everything went in. I still daily drove it.

Whatever makes you happy.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Yep, been having a hard time finding any version of closed top squares in 2wd.

I know where one is. I think my tow truck guy has one . Ask @HotRodPC where a 2wd k5 is for sale.
Pretty ruffff I understand.
But it's not the one I posted here in craigslistings there other day, check it out ---for @Crispy 's $3500 AND it looks just like mine.

Really?

Yep!

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Bet that toolbox dash comes out easier than it went in.

Hahahaha tread lightly yo, that thing looks like it would kill ya Pam!
I wouldnt **** with it.
Im scared of that deal from here.

50/50 chance youda said you were goin left..
:shrug:
That's too bad.
You must be registered for see images attach

I aint gettin in that goddamned truck, **** you. I saw that movie.

Last edited:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Remember that show that Jesse James had for a while, the one where he created weird purpose built cars? There was an episode in which he cut up (destroyed) an SS El Camino. While he was working on it he said something that stuck with me, he said “I know this bothers a lot of purists that I’m cutting up a classic car, but look at it this way, if you own one of these yours is worth more now because there’s one less in existence.”

So now every time I see a square hack job like this one I mentally thank the person responsible for adding a few bucks to the value of mine.
Monster garage

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
If this were a child or a pet, it could be legally removed from the home.
Exactly, a good way to put it. It may not be alive but a certain level of wrong is where we have to draw a line.

Like the big goverment thug Im sure people think I am, we should make a government agency that can rob, I mean rescue trucks from people with no judicial overview or protections against false reports. Its okay though, it wouldnt ever happen to me, right?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Yes, where you been?

Playing with that powder?
IN truth, the only blazers from this era ive seen are all 2wd with a decent factory or what i couldnt distinguish from factory lifts. I dont see many blazer examples on here that arent torn apart for project work, and blazers arent my thing. So yes, I went so long blind to the world!

Also, sir, there is no powder here, I have used all the evidence, I mean, removed all the evidence, and you cant prove otherwise!

@Rusty Nail was it cute that I didnt know an apparently well known fact (lol) or that i only see 4wd blazers?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Tee hee.
You're gonna be mad when you see what I'm gonna do to my. 91 k5 I have posted in the under construction....

Won't be half top anymore, that's all I'm gonna say for now.

We gonna be cruising on 53s with a 502 feeling the breeze in our faces.
I do have a little faith that youre doing it to an already neglected or not pristine one, OR the work you are going to do will actually be of quality and add personal flair and function while also being cool.

I think weve all been there. For example, my truck has mounts on the frame that are welded in, custom to my plow setup. Conveniently, done in diamond plate, but a purist might be abashed, but I commend my grandfather for his ability to make and create, despite potentially looking weird.
You must be registered for see images attach

Okay, well he didnt weld, but they are certainly bolted on. Which maybe those holes were there, maybe not. Functionally similar. (PS, anyone know what that metal rod with a Z bend is for?)

I also have a custom rear bumper with a special tongue hitch (flat piece with a hole for a pin, a lot of old machinery and farm trailers use this, tractors usually have em) that is also mounted high, which he used for farming. Its special in that it has a very large spring that you can adjust the tension, and im guessing that was a god send for pulling anything with a pin-only on the road, i could see it jerking the truck and that would help dampen that. This whole setup almost entirelu ensures the rear of the truck will always be this way, because its welded in, some stuff modified to fit, etc. But it doesnt look shoddy and helped a man do some farming.

I do look forward to your build, though, because I think you have the big green suburban, and that looks cool too

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I honestly don’t care what people think. I cut the dash out of one of my old suburbans and tubed it well before the cage and everything went in. I still daily drove it.

Whatever makes you happy.
But, see, i feel your cage would have conflict with a dash, yes? the dash in sellers blazer looks like changed it for the sake of change, every unholy inch.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I dont know many things, jokes on you.

Why, Rusty, I need a new vent line for a differential of mine, a 14 bolt to be exact.

But, rusty, oh my, im not sure if I need a vent line or valve. Rusty, help me. Tell me all about venting and check valves, rusty.

Rusty One Nailoby, youre my only hope.

But, on a serious note, thats a future thing and youd be impressed by what happens when vent tube is open to the atmosphere.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I know that's how to get water in your differential...?

Buy an ACDelco part # 25892279 and some hose.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Is that also same vent for transfer and front diff? And any diameter on hose?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Itll work front or back.Your transfer case ? and it's prolly 5/16 hose.
You asked about differential vents. Transfer case prolly same thing but I dont know about that. I tried to answer differential question.
If the question was about transfer cases I wouldnt have replied.

Axe @crazy4offroad

Thats why you get ignored all the time. I got no tolerance for woman tricks like that. Its ********. See? Now i look like an ******* and I was trying to be a nice guy. God forbid you use a tape measure or some ****. Again with the part numbers..:rolleyes: mrb.
You didnt even last a week this time...:whymewhyme:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito