This genuinely offends me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I bet it's 100% death proof.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

every time I see a square hack job like this one I mentally thank the person responsible for adding a few bucks to the value of mine.

Me too.
Makes mine worth more.

Based on width and length, how much would you wanna bet that diamond plate is off some old toolbox... look at how deep it is where it curls back under the dash.

Good eye! I bet that used to be a toolbox too!

How T.F. did Whitney Houston get in?
Where's my wallet?
:hidesbehindsofa:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Remember that show that Jesse James had for a while, the one where he created weird purpose built cars? There was an episode in which he cut up (destroyed) an SS El Camino. While he was working on it he said something that stuck with me, he said “I know this bothers a lot of purists that I’m cutting up a classic car, but look at it this way, if you own one of these yours is worth more now because there’s one less in existence.”

So now every time I see a square hack job like this one I mentally thank the person responsible for adding a few bucks to the value of mine.

Whenever I decide I wanna construct some sort of crazy machine, I always try to find the most sad, rusted, and worthless of them to build on. My k5 for example was already cut up, has bondo in the floors, and in general has been really abused over its lifetime. It's last task was a cocaine running truck with a 6 lug 1/2 ton front, and a 8 lug 3/4 Ton rear with a bent axle tube running military 46's.
It had no doors, a red hood, and 100 coats of rattle can on it with absolutely no interior.
2wd with a knocking tbi 350.
I didn't feel bad Doing what I did because the p/o was gonna take it to the scrap yard had I not rescued it anyway.

I can't in good conscience go building/modifying clean, prestine trucks. I wouldn't be able to sleep well at night.

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Whenever I decide I wanna construct some sort of crazy machine, I always try to find the most sad, rusted, and worthless of them to build on. My k5 for example was already cut up, has bondo in the floors, and in general has been really abused over its lifetime. It's last task was a cocaine running truck with a 6 lug 1/2 ton front, and a 8 lug 3/4 Ton rear with a bent axle tube running military 46's.
It had no doors, a red hood, and 100 coats of rattle can on it with absolutely no interior.
2wd with a knocking tbi 350.
I didn't feel bad Doing what I did because the p/o was gonna take it to the scrap yard had I not rescued it anyway.

I can't in good conscience go building/modifying clean, prestine trucks. I wouldn't be able to sleep well at night.
cocaine you say

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Those are all I find. I want a full convert
No doubt. The full topless ones are nice but I'd never take the top off, really looking for 84+. Only ones I come across are 4wd and I wouldn't say those are plentiful. Usually they're like the one @Crispy found where you can put your hand through the panels.:(

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Tee hee.
You're gonna be mad when you see what I'm gonna do to my. 91 k5 I have posted in the under construction....

Won't be half top anymore, that's all I'm gonna say for now.

We gonna be cruising on 53s with a 502 feeling the breeze in our faces.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Tee hee.
You're gonna be mad when you see what I'm gonna do to my. 91 k5 I have posted in the under construction....

Won't be half top anymore, that's all I'm gonna say for now.

We gonna be cruising on 53s with a 502 feeling the breeze in our faces.
Honestly I really wouldn't be that surprised after following that build. ;) She's a beast and sounds rowdy as all get out btw.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I sure could use those seat belt anchors between the seat and center console tho.

That dash hurt my feelings tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg