Thinking about going nutzo on the suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Yes I realize that, the problem is there arent any affordable houses in my area. There is a house listed on 3 acres for 144k near me, it was built in 1908 and is sliding off the foundation! The house Im talking about for 250k is on 1 acre and sold 3 years ago for 138k and its still from 1956 (everything inside) The banks want 50k or 20 percent down on the 250k house, besides I cant bring myself to pay 250k for a pos of a house that isnt worth anywhere near that long term. These values are completely insane and I refuse to play this stupid game with people wanting so much for literal crap. This is my opinion but anyone that pays these outrageous housing prices is going to be screwed when this market collapses, and it will. Im basically waiting for the collapse to come in and buy up what I want for a doable price, I remember how 2008 went. You cant dump this much free money into the market and expect the bubble to be sustainable long term.
Hah, even before this insane market today come to New England during normal times and look for a house in that price range, anything habitable is gonna run you about 200k in most places. You wanna buy a crappy little 1400 sq ft starter home from the 1960s on a 1 acre lot you're looking at 300k. The only thing you're gonna find up here for under 150k is either an older trailer home on a small private lot, or some homemade shanty from the 1930s that's falling apart. 2 acres of land with no house on it could easily be 100 grand depending on where you are. In this market now I don't even want to know how much they're charging. Though I agree it will crash sooner or later and it is smart to wait until after that happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sBurb