Think I have a ground issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Tried to crank my truck by just filling the carburetor bowl. Was successful 2 times in a row. Third time I had sparks come from the alternator. Now I don't have power anywhere. No headlights doesn't turn over nothing. Even with a booster hooked up. Using a light tester I show I have ground from the positive side of the battery to where my negative side goes to the shroud on the alternator. With my light tester hooked up to the positive side I can not seem to get a ground anywhere else. Picture of what I'm looking at. The ground going to the alternator shroud just doesn't seem right to me, but its been like that for a long time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Problem solved. Went to take the bolt off holding the wire to the shroud and it was super loose. Just by moving it I found ground every where. Just got to get a new bolt and nut since the nut is rounded off.

waynew

Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Vortec 327
Man, I wish everything was that easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics