The Beginning of the End of my Wallet- 1990 prelude Si Build thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reece
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe C10
Engine Size
305 5.0L
I vote save up and swap in a v6 from an Accord

And boom she dropped the ball and he jumped in front of the bus

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I vote save up and swap in a v6 from an Accord

And boom she dropped the ball and he jumped in front of the bus

if i did an engine swap it would be the h22 from newer preludes with vtec, theres no room for an accord v6 plus the are weak, and less fuel efficient hondas biggest mistake was usuing any other motor then a 4cylinder.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
if i did an engine swap it would be the h22 from newer preludes with vtec, theres no room for an accord v6 plus the are weak, and less fuel efficient hondas biggest mistake was usuing any other motor then a 4cylinder.

You want to run that by me again? I own an 07' Accord with a V6 and 6 speed manual, and it will tear your Prelude a new hole any which way on Sunday (and every other day of the week), and it gets better gas mileage than my 91' Accord did with a 4-Cylinder and half the power. Honda's V6 is one of the best engines they ever made...

Oh, and your high compression results most likely aren't from a high compression rebuild, they are from carbon build up over the years...

No offense, but are starting to sound like an uneducated fool, especially since the B21A is probably one of the worst engines Honda made as far as performance goes. FRM sleeves that very few machine shops can bore, no parts commonality with any other engine, likes to burn oil like crazy, etc.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I thought the whole purpose of selling the square to get this car was for economics? So if it's killing your wallet, I guess economics went out the window too huh???

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You want to run that by me again? I own an 07' Accord with a V6 and 6 speed manual, and it will tear your Prelude a new hole any which way on Sunday (and every other day of the week), and it gets better gas mileage than my 91' Accord did with a 4-Cylinder and half the power. Honda's V6 is one of the best engines they ever made...

Oh, and your high compression results most likely aren't from a high compression rebuild, they are from carbon build up over the years...

No offense, but are starting to sound like an uneducated fool, especially since the B21A is probably one of the worst engines Honda made as far as performance goes. FRM sleeves that very few machine shops can bore, no parts commonality with any other engine, likes to burn oil like crazy, etc.

severely un educated about hondas! ive never owned, or worked on one, this is my first honda and most i got on hondas was from my dad and honestly he is kind of an idiot, and im getting ready to scrap the piece of **** and buy my ******* jeep like i was planning on. im so tired of unreliable pieces of ****.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
severely un educated about hondas! ive never owned, or worked on one, this is my first honda and most i got on hondas was from my dad and honestly he is kind of an idiot, and im getting ready to scrap the piece of **** and buy my ******* jeep like i was planning on. im so tired of unreliable pieces of ****.

1st off, Chrysler sucks ass . 2nd off, are you calling your ex square a peice of ****?

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
WOW non of us ever seen this coming right?

BigRuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reece
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe C10
Engine Size
305 5.0L
daaaaaaaYum.... google V6 S2000... guy dropped the Honda minivan V6 in it and its a phuckin monster.... out the box with twice the power and yet it retains realitivly good fuel economy

also if its such a pos why are guys doing the v6 swap in Civics to destroy the drag strip? seriously do a lil research before jumpin the gun

Free taco.... tomorrow

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm thinking I'm getting out here. I stay in this thread, I can tell, I'm going to end up having to moderate. :think:

attachment.php

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
1st off, Chrysler sucks ass . 2nd off, are you calling your ex square a peice of ****?

no. im not calling it a piece of ****, i would kill to have her back. i really would. the second i turned the key on my POS honda and it didnt start i wished i still had my square. i didnt even need to turn my key for more then a milisecond and she would roar to life. i miss my square so much its not even funny, i kick myself in teh ass everytime i look at that god danmed honda. and 2nd never have had a problem with them ever, ive had so many come in and out of my family, there has never been a time where one of them had broken on us other then when we did the breaking, their 4.0L engine is by far the best six cylinder ever made. and very close to being the best engine ever. yet still behind teh chevy 350.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
no. im not calling it a piece of ****, i would kill to have her back. i really would. the second i turned the key on my POS honda and it didnt start i wished i still had my square. i didnt even need to turn my key for more then a milisecond and she would roar to life. i miss my square so much its not even funny, i kick myself in teh ass everytime i look at that god danmed honda. and 2nd never have had a problem with them ever, ive had so many come in and out of my family, there has never been a time where one of them had broken on us other then when we did the breaking, their 4.0L engine is by far the best six cylinder ever made. and very close to being the best engine ever. yet still behind teh chevy 350.

I used to think the 4.0 was a good engine too, although in recent years I've dealt with a surprising amount of bad apples. Those bad apples have spoiled the entire bunch for me.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
I just sold my Grand Cherokee because it was turning into a money pit. You all know what JEEPstands for right......... anybody o Just Empty Every Pocket and YES they eill start draining you. 300 dollars for a damn fuel pump, 80 bucks for a starter, 160 for a alternator. Please gimmie my dquare anyday of the week with ite no a/c of heat (no t-stat at the moment) and ill drive it cross country.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Tons of Jips in the Pull a Part yards

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Dont i know it i know we have a **** load of libertys and the sqaure cherokees and a handfull of grands at the LKQ i work at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jturner